Talisman stops gaining

When I'm fighting paragons like the lich lords about halfway through my talisman just stops gaining. Not sure if this is a bug or how its intended to work, but with how long it takes to level these up it doesn't really seem right. I've tried taking it off and putting it back on and then i get the message that my talisman needs to rest as if I had died. If anyone knows what I can do to make this stop that would be great, thanks.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yeah all I know is that if you unequip your talisman it will not allow you to equip another type without a cooldown.

Even if you re-equip the same one, you will still get the cooldown timer I believe.

This is to prevent people from switching to another type of talisman on the fly I guess

I guess that part makes sense, didnt realize you could have more than one. I just don't know why it stops gaining during battle its happened three times. Only the first time did I take it off, the other two times it just stop raising until I attacked a different mob

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I think there is probably also some built in mechanics to prevent talisman leveling by macroing. Such as you will only gain a certain amount off a type of creature before you stop gaining off it. But I haven't tested talisman leveling yet so not sure.

crazy-horse

Master
Yeah I noticed that too. From a little experimenting, I think that answer is that each monster will give only so many points. You also get on average, so many points per hit.
Example. If paragon A gives a total of 1000 points at 10 points per hit...
Slayer takes him down in 100 hits, get points with every hit.
Normal GM weapon takes 200 hits at 10 points per hit, you still get 1000 total so after 100 hits, no more points.
At least thats what it seems is happening to me.
Ever notice that sometimes you get a few more points a second or two after you kill a monster? My guess thats catching up on points because you didnt max out on the hits.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans

"Lastly there is a maximum experience amount per creature that can be awarded to a given talisman. Once the cap is reached no more experience can be gained from fighting that creature"

Pretty sure this is to prevent people from macroing on a strong monster while keeping the monster healed. But if you're using a weak weapon against a strong creature like a paragon lich lord, yeah you're gonna get a lot of hits and probably get the max amount of experience from it before you've killed it.

Thanks, I probably shouldn't have skimmed over the last few lines of the description and I might have caught that myself. Thanks for the input.