T-hunter - Provo arch

Jairash

Expert
Hey guys, need some helps for my next char :)

Actually i raised a "full thief" char which is working really fine.
Hid, stealth, snoop, steal, lockpicking 100
Magery 50
Detect H. 50 - Remove trap 88.6 <------

Now, some of you may know the pain that remove trap is. I didn't know about "telekinesis" trick :( .
My biggest concern is: why the hell should i continue to keep remove trap (that requires 50 detect hidden too) if i just can do the dirty job by using the spell? Basically there is no good chest/situation/mob i can't overcome with telekinesis.

1. Is there anything particular R.Trap is good at?
2. Will R.Trap have any good use on next expansion V&V?
3. Can it be usefull considering i want to raise a bard to do t-maps?

More question about detecting hidden/tracking/stealth
4. Is it true:
on a side note Tracking will detect people with gm hiding/stealth 50% of the time even at 0.0.
5. If 4 is true, what level of tracking is needed to detect people near me?
6. Since i walk always with 0 armor, is it really needed to have 100 stealth? Can i drop it to 80 and still have 100% success rate?
7. How much D.Hidden do i need to reveal a character with 100 hiding? I'm not able to detect anyone with 50.

Treasure H. Q:
8. What's the minimum cartography skill requirement for lvl 6 map? 75?
9. I read about fishing. What is it for?

Now, i want to skill up this Hunter Provo to do some pvm with friends and t-maps in solo.

My tandem account team would be:

Case A - the super safe way
Thief: Hid, snoop, steal, lockpicking 100 Cartography (75) Stealth (80) Magery (50) Detect H (95)
Bard : Archery - Healing - Anatomy - Tactics - Music - Provo - Res spell

Case B - Super Pain in the ass mode with thief - Good Bard/THunter way
Thief: Hid, snoop, steal, lockpicking, Detect H.100 Stealth 80 Tracking 70 Magery 50
Bard : Archery - Healing - Anatomy - Tactics - Music - Provo - Carto 100

Are them good?
What modification do you suggest?

Thanks for your time. People on this forums are really nice, a special thank to Panik Homerche for the help in previous situations.

Cheers

Xonryz

Apprentice
1. Is there anything particular R.Trap is good at?
2. Will R.Trap have any good use on next expansion V&V?
3. Can it be usefull considering i want to raise a bard to do t-maps?
1. You can remove expensive Faction Traps for free with it.
2. Nobody knows. Probably not, maybe in the new rotating dungeon system, but I think you'd want a more PVP-centric character to go into those..
3. Not in my opinion, no - your build is too tight to fit a practically worthless skill in it.

More question about detecting hidden/tracking/stealth
4. Is it true:
5. If 4 is true, what level of tracking is needed to detect people near me?
6. Since i walk always with 0 armor, is it really needed to have 100 stealth? Can i drop it to 80 and still have 100% success rate?
7. How much D.Hidden do i need to reveal a character with 100 hiding? I'm not able to detect anyone with 50.
4: Is what true?
5: The more skill you have in Tracking, the further you can track people. IIRC you get about half a screen's distance for each 10 points, at GM you can track around 5 screens away. The more Tracking you have, the more often you'll successfully track- so you want this to be full if you're going to try to utilize it.
6: I think so , yes. 80+ Stealth only allows you to use more armor, and gives you extra steps in stealth. So it's probably worth it to GM just for the extra stealth steps.
7: Assume you need >2/3 of their skill, and even with an even skill to them, you won't always succeed IIRC. The real bonus is that it makes chests easier to pick, and it gives you a huge radius of potential revealing.

Treasure H. Q:
8. What's the minimum cartography skill requirement for lvl 6 map? 75?
9. I read about fishing. What is it for?
8: 75 sounds right, but you'll want to doublecheck. Anyway you can find out yourself pretty easily as you approach it. It might even be 60 or 70.
9: You can fish up level 1 treasure maps and MiBs (the treasure maps of the seas!) but I'm not sure it's really all that worthwhile, don't get the skill on a treasure hunter.

Now, i want to skill up this Hunter Provo to do some pvm with friends and t-maps in solo.

My tandem account team would be:

Case A - the super safe way
Thief: Hid, snoop, steal, lockpicking 100 Cartography (75) Stealth (80) Magery (50) Detect H (95)
Bard : Archery - Healing - Anatomy - Tactics - Music - Provo - Res spell

Case B - Super Pain in the ass mode with thief - Good Bard/THunter way
Thief: Hid, snoop, steal, lockpicking, Detect H.100 Stealth 80 Tracking 70 Magery 50
Bard : Archery - Healing - Anatomy - Tactics - Music - Provo - Carto 100
I might be mistaken, but I don't think it's within the rules to PVP on two accounts simultaneously, I don't know if that's possibly your plan with two accounts, but somebody might correct me there. I'm not sure there's much of a reason to really use two characters for "PVE."

I'd really recommend against taking characters WITHOUT resist. If you're making a duo primarily for PVE, you can get rid of stealth in my opinion, recall around and hide if you need to, you're losing out on WAY more money by WALKING - as opposed to RUNNING on a horse, which, by the way, puts you at a severe disadvantage if you do get caught by a murderer out of stealth.

Basically I think your thief character has unnecessary skills and you'd benefit by just making a separate treasure hunter.