System Crash ,Revert,and Consequences for Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghaldoun

Neophyte
Well this is probably on alot of players minds and mostly anger as of recently with all these system crashes, won't lie to you I am one of them. Its a bad trend going on I have noticed and alot of pain staking hours lost due to this. I know I'm not the only person on the issue of seeing while your training and BLAM system crashes comes back and WTF it reverted back where you need to redo 2 hrs of work. I mean 1. you don't want to go afk cause a pker rip you to shreds and or a GM finds you macroing afk and boom you in big trouble. Yes I had to sit and redo 2 hrs of skill training that sucked, but the one that got me really upset was an idoc where like more then half of Brits sitters were at an idoc and and most my guildmates( Thankyou Swag Goblin for bringing me to this idoc). Me and my guidlmates dug into this marathon idoc for say 5 hrs enduring pker attacks and dealing with auto macroing players(you know who you are) and lets not forget GMs and Shane himself there at the end. finally the house fell after an awesome battle with these nasty little deamons we grab our stuff boom happy finally got something. THEN, THEN once again system goes down I went to bed like most others, comeback to look into my spoils in my chars pack and there not there once again another revert really!!!!!. Can we figure this out these folks put some real time into this I may rant but its not fair for the others. And mind you I never got that stuff back logged into theres like 5 little shacks and I'm like the few had a full pack of loot comeback on and its gone. FYI there is a guild that specifically goes after idocs its like a skill inwhich it aint easy but I doubt they were happy neither

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
1. AFK macroing is allowed

2. Has there really been a 2 hour revert recently? Saves are pretty frequent.

3. Multiple guilds go after idocs. It takes knowledge time and organization. Or a steam macro.

4. That sucks about your loot (really), but shit happens. Just gotta roll with the punches on some of this stuff.

And it goes both ways. I logged in to hear the idoc fell early and I had gotten nothing. Reverted and I got a plot and some loot. Luck of the draw :/

5. I don't wanna sound like a dick but what is the point of your post other than you lost some pixels and are mad about it?

6. 5 hours campin an idoc are you in ! or something??

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Timing seemed suspicious but im sure it was random. Seems to be a lot of crashes lately :(

Sent from my LG-P714 using Tapatalk

Nihilism

Grandmaster
A) afk macroing of skills is allowed and a privilege in itself, only thing not allowed is afk resource gathering.
B) skills are already VASTLY easy to gain on the server compared to other servers/OSI.
C) they're upgrading the server for future stability/improvements/implementation of content
D) reverts almost certainly won't go back further than a max of 59 minutes, as that are what world saves are for. With the recent crash, I believe Lee stated they now have in place an 'anti-revert' fix. You may want to ask him to elaborate on irc.
E) we should all be thankful they're working on things for the server to keep it from being stagnant/mundane. Some things cause bugs. Shit happens. It is just a game afterall.

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

ALL ABOARD GHALDOUN'S FAILBOAT

wkstrm

Master
Well this is probably on alot of players minds and mostly anger as of recently with all these system crashes, won't lie to you I am one of them. Its a bad trend going on I have noticed and alot of pain staking hours lost due to this. I know I'm not the only person on the issue of seeing while your training and BLAM system crashes comes back and WTF it reverted back where you need to redo 2 hrs of work. I mean 1. you don't want to go afk cause a pker rip you to shreds and or a GM finds you macroing afk and boom you in big trouble. Yes I had to sit and redo 2 hrs of skill training that sucked, but the one that got me really upset was an idoc where like more then half of Brits sitters were at an idoc and and most my guildmates( Thankyou Swag Goblin for bringing me to this idoc). Me and my guidlmates dug into this marathon idoc for say 5 hrs enduring pker attacks and dealing with auto macroing players(you know who you are) and lets not forget GMs and Shane himself there at the end. finally the house fell after an awesome battle with these nasty little deamons we grab our stuff boom happy finally got something. THEN, THEN once again system goes down I went to bed like most others, comeback to look into my spoils in my chars pack and there not there once again another revert really!!!!!. Can we figure this out these folks put some real time into this I may rant but its not fair for the others. And mind you I never got that stuff back logged into theres like 5 little shacks and I'm like the few had a full pack of loot comeback on and its gone. FYI there is a guild that specifically goes after idocs its like a skill inwhich it aint easy but I doubt they were happy neither

That IDOC was no secret.
It was my house. ;)

Kiki

Grandmaster
Yes, yes it was.

You also posted about it in multiple threads, informed anyone who would listen that it was going to fall soon, and made sure it was a big event. All of that came to fruition, and ten as Shane himself said in irc. "WTF. Windows update just auto restarted the server."

These things happen. He was there showcasing some wicked new mobs and we all had a blast.

Ghaldoun

Neophyte
k ok im knowledge now on the afk macroing thats all good, but these crashes and reverts and consequences have been alot as of late and not just point fingers seems theres some favoritism a good many people feel the same . me i felt i got kinda shafted on the loot thing and no thats not part of the game, and yes Shane being there throwing them monsters was awesome had great time but but that revert screwed alot of people who were there for a long time. I'm just letting the upper people know the consequences with all these crashes and reverts are doing but other then that Shane and his team are doing great

wkstrm

Master
Yes, yes it was.

You also posted about it in multiple threads, informed anyone who would listen that it was going to fall soon, and made sure it was a big event. All of that came to fruition, and ten as Shane himself said in irc. "WTF. Windows update just auto restarted the server."

These things happen. He was there showcasing some wicked new mobs and we all had a blast.

I just wish I could see some screenshots, then I can log off for the final time! :)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
k ok im knowledge now on the afk macroing thats all good, but these crashes and reverts and consequences have been alot as of late and not just point fingers seems theres some favoritism a good many people feel the same . me i felt i got kinda shafted on the loot thing and no thats not part of the game, and yes Shane being there throwing them monsters was awesome had great time but but that revert screwed alot of people who were there for a long time. I'm just letting the upper people know the consequences with all these crashes and reverts are doing but other then that Shane and his team are doing great

Yeah don't take it that way man, it sounds like you need a tinfoil hat.

I remember the idoc where there was a covered chair and it got smashed by someone's horse. Everyone shit about GMs doing this or that, of course it turns out it was just a weird happenstance.

Same thing on this. There's exactly ZERO chance Shane or any other staff gave any care at all who looted what from that idoc. There were no ultra rares, it was mostly donation deco and mid level drops.

To imply otherwise is silly man, just think about it. The only one who gave you the shaft was Lady Luck, as much as that sucks.

Just dust it off, repeat 'its only pixels', and soldier on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.