Swamp dragon location

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
What's it matter if they're a reskin? Actual question.
It's like a motorcycle with no engine.
What's the point?

they did that with the Kirin and unicorn.

Anyone who bought an ethy mount and dehue deed basically wasted their dono. [Me]

Thought it would be cool to have a functional mount pet besides nightmares. and they are weaker so it would be no concern to pvpers

Asked for Kirin to be added for a long time. Then found out it was just a horse. Was really disappointing.

Never could get an answer why they did not get their skills/stats.
Think there was a concern with Kirin uni having a owner heal ability and they just never coded that out?

I'm hoping the swamp dragons are real ones. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's another horse.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Now your statement makes sense to me. Hah. Sorry. Don't know much about pets except how to make a macro that dismounts/all kills/last target.

God.RG

Grandmaster
can we put armor on them, etc?
someone said in IRC they are on a month timer.............

.....who's idea was that?

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster

Well I still haven't found them. Shane said in another thread that was locked that they were added.
How would they know it was on a month timer if they've only been in game supposedly a 2 day or so?

Mercedies

Grandmaster

I would hope so. I bet all the crafters would love seeing a need for dragon barding deeds...not that it does them much good if swampies are on a month timer :/

Young Star

Grandmaster
I don't get why the devs are being so tight lipped about swamp dragons and their armor and adding them in without any update notification. Why the hell would you put them on a month timer? I understand tamables like death beetles being like that but a re-skinned horse? The dragon barding armor on OSI is only effective against monsters. It takes 750 ingots to make the armor and I think will make a very good resource for crafters to use their ingots since it seems crafted metal armor sales are pretty slow.
  • In pvm combat barding gives a reduction in damage to the dragon’s rider – 10% for normal quality, 20% for exceptional quality (this does not apply to pvp combat)

Some of the decisions about the other mounts that are just re-skinned horses don't make sense to be either. You have post UO:R tamer pets and Meta dragons on here but balk at giving Cu-Sidhe and other post UO:R OSI developed mounts some of their original abilities. I understand not having hiryu's with their natural abilities, dismount and lower physical AR, since they could possibly be used in PvP. Kirins and unicorns could still have their magery skills. I can understand not letting them have their special abilities, casting while mounted, but even if those were used they were never a factor in PvP anyway and could be modded to only work with PvE.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
Not a reskin either
It's real [e woohoo

Will pay if someone grabs me one. Haven't seen them at spawn point but I lored one someone had

Last edited by a moderator: