Suggestions and ideas about skills.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Thought I'd get this thread going to summarize and give the devs some more input about direction of skills/abilities. I've seen some really good ideas out there regarding the implementation of skill-based-abilities and believe some constructive insight would be great. Here are some ideas, some of which are NOT my own but feel they deserve a review alongside some others:

1) Forensic evaluation+tracking: locate a murderer's last know coordinates (when used on a PKed body). As long as that one murderer is being tracked, receive a passive defense bonus of some kind as the investigator is knowledgeable about that person's modus operandi.
2) Begging+camping: allow a vagrant to set up a temporary shelter (outside of a city or in the woods) that bestows a bonus to health (hp +10) and AR (+5) for 24 hours in-game. This is due to the survival nature of a hobo and scratching out a meager existence.
3) Discord+Provo+Peace+Music (pure bard build): "Songmaster" ability. Use of this ability every 5-10 minutes. Costs whatever mana the bard has left in their pool. Creates a bonus of AR and res spells for the bard and whoever is in the party. Reduces abilities as per discord for mobs within X area of bard. Lasts X amount of time.
4) Cooking+tinkering: Create MRE's which can provide a wide range of bonuses and/or effects. There's a lot to look into on this one.
5) Spirit speak+evaluate intelligence+meditation: Allow the user to "spirit walk" for 3 seconds. Essentially become a ghost during this time and move freely as such. Not usable while stunned. Costs 25%-50% of remaining mana.
6) Tinkering+blacksmithing+animal lore: craft ethy mounts of a specific kind based on whatever requirements the devs put into place.

EDIT: The great thing about some of these, like the tinkered ethy's, is that it can create more gold sinks for parts needed or additional dono vendor items.

Just some basic ideas to throw out. I know there has been a lot of love poured into the taming skill and meta pets. Folks please add your own thoughts and ideas!

And please, lets keep it constructive :p