Suggestion to address PKs

PhireHawk

Adept
I'm a PK (most people are, in truth) - and if I was out alone, and I had to *FIGHT* on foot, I'd think twice about attacking people with pets. It also solves a fundamental problem with this server - and that's that it's more about Mario Carting then actual PvP'ing. Soon as things don't go according to plan, it's the 10,000,000 screen chase. Take in combat mounts away, and that problem goes away with it.

This game was never intended to be run on today's computers. The mounts are far too fast for the way the combat system is and that's why people hate the running. That's why potions are here - to deter that somewhat. If you take out mounted combat, you can scale back potion damage, too.

It'll never happen, but it's a dream of mine. lol

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
The problem with rewards as girana always says it, is that it's too easy to cheat the system, and keep the rewards for yourself. The common theme is that PK's are looking for PvP, and yet anytime that someone suggests something that gives them PvP, people are so quick to put down the suggestion.. My take is that PK's are looking for a nice opportunistic kill, and don't care for the PvP they always claim to be seeking.. Why not let them deal with Militias? People who actually PvP?

Between Sat and Sunday..I would think the orcs took around an extra 60 heads for the blud god. At least the same amount of kills or maybe more on Booty Island and in the Orc caves without the option of taking a head. Not once did we see a militia guy show up to avenge the deaths. It may seem silly- but when we orc'ing we put the time in to check the spots and look for prey. We hit dungeon after dungeon and spawn after spawn. Sometime's it may be like 15 minutes before we find someone. That's the way is is supposed to be. Put the work in and reap possible rewards. We don't care if we come across a red, blue or orange. If we can klomp em we do...if we can't we try anyways HOOWAH!

Militia's are filled with pk's...just on their blue chars. If people really want to help fight off the pk problem. They will do the work. They will hit the dungeons and they will find the fights. The fight's we find after we klomp a dude- it's from their guild. If we klomp a werkt member- we have a good idea that the hit squad is coming. People looking after their own people. Got pk'd? Call a friend, call a guild member or just hit discord. Player driven solutions to player problems. The shard doesn't need bounty hunters, militia notifications or "special orbs" with godlike powers to track down them pesky pk's.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
As someone who actively hunts reds, and does the work to teleport around and find them with the Guard, I get what you are saying, and that'll still continue to happen... it can be a frustrating experience looking for 15-30 minutes for a PK.. But I'm not sure you've helped your argument all there by quoting how many people you PK'd with very little resistance... For the little guy, who gets PK'd ad nauseam, where's his small piece of satisfaction? Not everyone enjoys being killed over and over to reds... seeing a conflict turn out of their death, could be a very fun experience..

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Well if you can’t find a P.K. for 15-30 minutes how can there be a problem?? HAR! Maybe the guard could toss out contact info for the “little guys” of the shard and let them know they just a click away from help. The world of Ultima Online can be a dark and cruel place. Branch out to these lonely souls, embrace them with your open arms and teach these little ones the power of a rail of ebolts.

Edwin Fox

Novice
I'd like to see all mounted combat completely removed from the game - but that's me...

I'd go further and forbid mounted walking in any roofed building... c'mon, people shouldn't be galloping all over a tavern, or a tailor shop. That's so unreal.

Also, having to let your mount outside would add to roleplay and thievering.