Suggestion: Event Coins

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Event Coins
Like gold, platinum, and silver would need to be looted from the corpse of a creature from an event.
These coins are used for Event Points.
This would create an economic sink to buy, sell, trade, steal.
Giving players a chance to interact with each other to possibly divide coins (or just straight looted) upon creatures death.
These are the same points that would be used to claim prizes from events.
Double Click (use item) inside your bag or bank to add to your Event Point Score.

Event Coin NPC will give the ability to exchange Event Points back to Event Coin form.

This would help vs. afk point farming and give creatures different values to kill them.
Missed an event, but your friend was there? Here's an option for you.

Bromista

Grandmaster
This makes too much sense, really.

I think an option like this combined with seeing the rewards (and their cost) at the beginning of event will encourage proper engagement of the event.

I have never been a fan of trying to compete with people who can do this style of event all day every day without even knowing what's at stake.

Give us clear goals to work towards! In the past I have had some pretty bad experiences with events and event rewards for recurring events and inconsistent rewards. Holiday event rewards, specifically Easter, have been botched in the past as well as zombieland rewards. That's another story for another day...the events are supposed to be fun and that's the reward...but we all know that's not always the case and if we are going to get shit on for weeks on end to do a silly event I think we should know what's at stake.

Not a bad idea. 'Scoring' will always be important to people, obviously to get cool shit, but I think some people are missing out on how an event like this can bring the community together. Not too many people are really working together. I've really caught a lot of people off guard by cross healing them. And before I knew it Wed be working together. Maybe some points for healing damage, resing, etc. Something to encourage the folks out there to meet and work together instead of just blindly trying to rack up more points then the next. Competition is great, but in the end aren't we all supposed to be competing against the giants? Just my thoughts, and I'm much less concerned with being the highest on the scoreboard or pixel crack.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Adramelech

Master
Love these ideas. Additionally Bill's idea with healing and ressing sounds awesome, unfortunately probably way too easy to abuse. If anything can be said with the design of these events it's that every loop hole needs to be considered, because if there is one, someone will find it and monopolize on it.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Interaction is key. Automation makes things pointless. I dig how the trolls for the current event were throwing axes, but not the fact there was no way to defend against the constant selected 30 points of damage. If it was balanced out like an archery hit, not able to throw through walls, and not so often it could be a key to stopping the current farming situation. If the magma trolls were to spit directly at a target and not just around the troll I could see that working out too. It's balance and interaction to me. Even giving non-event creatures abilities to defend themselves vs. someone on a boat just doing the NPC stare down. Throw a rock. Throw a dagger. Throw the loot it has at the person.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I like the idea of having to actually collect the coins from the corpses. I do see that un-intended consequence of that turning into whoever can loot the fastest. There is plenty of spawn that it shouldn't be that big of a deal but no matter what system is in place there will be some players that do something to piss off everyone else because they just do whatever it takes.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Event Coins
Like gold, platinum, and silver would need to be looted from the corpse of a creature from an event.
These coins are used for Event Points.
This would create an economic sink to buy, sell, trade, steal.
Giving players a chance to interact with each other to possibly divide coins (or just straight looted) upon creatures death.
These are the same points that would be used to claim prizes from events.
Double Click (use item) inside your bag or bank to add to your Event Point Score.

Event Coin NPC will give the ability to exchange Event Points back to Event Coin form.

This would help vs. afk point farming and give creatures different values to kill them.
Missed an event, but your friend was there? Here's an option for you.

^

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
The main point of Ultima and Ultima Online is the ability to make items via a realistic or close to system within a gaming world. Want to make bread? There's a way to do it and so on.