Stealing?

Madian G

Novice
So I tried to macro stealing but the game says I've to be in the thieves guild, but when I try to join the guy says I need to be at least journeyman pickpocket.. but I'm 100 in hiding, stealth, snooping already.

What should I do?

enerwil

Neophyte
You have to buy a skill from NPC in Bucs. To join thieves guild your characters also have to be 1 week old with 48 hours of ingame time I think.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
You can macro stealing by stealing from a container on the floor infront of a cpl of NPCs in a guardzone personally i done Mine it at vesper docks cos no one runs that way and there is 2 Fisherman to witness.

For best gains i think your should use 1 stone per 10 skill ( i use Beeswax). so macro steals Wax, drags and drops it back to the floor container, rinse repeat, Every 10% add another piece of wax and dont forget to refresh your container

halygon

Grandmaster
You don't actually need witnesses to train stealing. It does increase difficulty but is not required. I GMd mine in nu'jelm away from everyone.

TriBecca

Neophyte
How did you get the item back into the container at the docks? It tells me "that is not your container..."

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Bring two bags. Bring 10 apples.

Find a good spot. Private.

Put X apples in bag 1(X apples being however many you need for that skill level. One apple=1 stone). Put bag 1 into bag 2.
Place bag 2 on the ground.
Record yourself going into bag 2 on ground and trying to steal bag 1. Make sure you successfully steal bag 1. Pick up bag 2 and place bag 1 back into it, then setting it back onto the ground.
Stop recording.
Add appropriate pauses and skill timer wait.
Loop it.

Run your macro. Add apples as needed as your skill in stealing increases.

Tried looking for original post for this. Couldn't find it. It's the way I've GMed stealing. It's foolproof, unless someone comes along and swipes your bag. It's also cheap as hell. I recommend "circle of transparency" be on and you tuck the bag behind a wall on the ground, out of general sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Also, you need 80 stealing I believe to join the thieves guild. If you join, you cannot kill other players (otherwise you are suspended from the guild for a time-meaning no stealing from players for a while) and you cannot give murder counts.

Good luck. :D

SidX

Grandmaster
There's a link in my sig that has a great method for GMing stealing. You don't need anything other than 2 bags and 10 apples, plus a quiet place to macro. You can do it in-town with or without other people or NPCs around. Super easy :)

Hope it helps.