stealing skill question

Adder

Hi everyone!
I would like to learn about the work skill stealing on this server. Is it possible to steal from players, which area and what else there is on the delineation of special skill?
Tnx a lot

drinn

Grandmaster
It is possible to steal from players and mobs, although you will need good luck to spot stuff that is worth of money. These would be treasure maps, MiBs, some weapons (Silver + vanq), reagents, skill scrolls and statues.

The problem with stealing here is that every item worth money / stealable are blessed, or can not be stolen otherwise. You have to snoop in about 1000 backpacks to get one item worth good money. I got a thief and at this time I would say it is pretty worthless. At about 40% of the cases guard will kill you and 95%, when you are in Brit bank. So its not even worth going there. Better stealing somewhere else like in Moonglow.

I did Stealing/Snooping/Hiding/Stealth/Lockpicking in interest of dungeon chest lockpicker, but those chests are worth nothing (100-400gp + couple of gems and scrolls). These chests are very popular too. You will need some luck to get it open as first. Mobs will not give you anything as well.

Not mentioning that you have to wait 7 days to get into Thieves guild. Good thing in that is you can get skills GM in that time. Then its just waiting if you finished them before that time. People are also very well prepared here, not keeping anything worth money @ their backpacks for thieves. People have no respect for thieves too.

In my opinion its the coolest skill at this game. Sad its been ruined here. Made impossible to get anything from it.

EllEssDee

Master
It is possible to steal from players and mobs, although you will need good luck to spot stuff that is worth of money. These would be treasure maps, MiBs, some weapons (Silver + vanq), reagents, skill scrolls and statues.

The problem with stealing here is that every item worth money / stealable are blessed, or can not be stolen otherwise. You have to snoop in about 1000 backpacks to get one item worth good money. I got a thief and at this time I would say it is pretty worthless. At about 40% of the cases guard will kill you and 95%, when you are in Brit bank. So its not even worth going there. Better stealing somewhere else like in Moonglow.

I did Stealing/Snooping/Hiding/Stealth/Lockpicking in interest of dungeon chest lockpicker, but those chests are worth nothing (100-400gp + couple of gems and scrolls). These chests are very popular too. You will need some luck to get it open as first. Mobs will not give you anything as well.

Not mentioning that you have to wait 7 days to get into Thieves guild. Good thing in that is you can get skills GM in that time. Then its just waiting if you finished them before that time. People are also very well prepared here, not keeping anything worth money @ their backpacks for thieves. People have no respect for thieves too.

In my opinion its the coolest skill at this game. Sad its been ruined here. Made impossible to get anything from it.

If you stick to towns, what you said applies about the 1000 backpacks. Get some magery into your thieving template and start making dungeon cycles, you'll get a lot of stuff and money. Never steal gold, it's pointless. Do go to IDOCs all the time. Some people say get an ethy, I guess it's pretty sound. Realize how OP Stealth, invisibility, teleport, and Hide are. Always run around with reflect. If you're going to steal from the bank, wait for people to run up to the bank; don't just snoop everyone. Use disguise kits and multiple outfits of clothing. Carry weapons and make people believe you're a dexxer. If you're going to play a thief don't be friendly or hold anyone on a pedestal (so everyone is a target). If you're bankstealing, stick to light stuff or get prepared for the guardwhack. Feel free to incorporate scams into your stealing.

My template is Magery/Resist/Meditation/Stealing/Snoop/Hide/Stealth. I've made millions, but it took patience. Sometimes a great steal will fall into your lap and sometimes it will take days for anything good to come up.

drinn

Grandmaster
I understand it needs patience, but more luck to be honest. So far received some random weapons & instruments (silver & vanq) and cheap deeds, +1 Fishing skill scroll, which I lost when someone scammed it while trying to trade. The classic stealing scam cancelling trade and then stealing it even though I tried to trade from bank. :)

EllEssDee

Master
I don't know dude I have a lot of success, but I know of places to go, people to hit, and how to escape pretty well.

andomin

Master
Camp titan and ancient wyrm farm spots on your thief. Then grab taming scrolls from the corpse or steal it from the player. Seems to be a popular thing to do with thiefs on UOF.

You can even have your other account make a portal for you, so you can port directly into your house and put it in a chest, without having to wait on a criminal timer!

greebo

Apprentice
well, when people open gates ALL DAY 24/7; that tells me theres regs to be had #1.

#2; WTF are you amateurs talking about? Being a town thief without a looter= not very profitable, never was. Being a thief working with a looter = sky is the limit baby.

Aint that hard to find a buddy to be a partner in crime is it? I remember the hardest part about being a thief; you end up with such a variable range of shit... unless you got a means to sell it... you end up with alot of nifty but basically unusable trophies! So if you are smart you become a merchant!

Sounds so Black Sails... but hey, its true!

Last edited by a moderator:

greebo

Apprentice
I understand it needs patience, but more luck to be honest. So far received some random weapons & instruments (silver & vanq) and cheap deeds, +1 Fishing skill scroll, which I lost when someone scammed it while trying to trade. The classic stealing scam cancelling trade and then stealing it even though I tried to trade from bank. :)

See.. I would set that up... but have a buddy standing nearby to loot my corpse. Was the funniest ever.... I mean you know... Dastardly Nine Fingers should be a dead give away to just about anyone who looks at your name.