Stealing boats

Riversilk

Master
If i leave my boat in water near some shore, can it be stolen / sinked / etc?
Or it's 100% sure it'll be always there and i can just recall on the special runes to get on boat from anywhere?

Thanks

aIck

Grandmaster
It can be sunk, but I don't think it's possible to steal or capture ships anymore. If somebody sinks your ship it goes back to the bank box of the character captaining it.

SidX

Grandmaster
If i leave my boat in water near some shore, can it be stolen / sinked / etc?
Or it's 100% sure it'll be always there and i can just recall on the special runes to get on boat from anywhere?

Thanks
It is possible for others to gain entry/control of your ship but that's really the extent of the possibility of "boat theft". When you put your boat into the water make sure you bank the ship runes that get sent to your pack. Thieves can steal these and they will drop if you die.

Riversilk

Master
yes i noticed they aren't blessed.
Even though i don't think they could actually "use" the boat even if they have the runes since they're not officers

SidX

Grandmaster
yes i noticed they aren't blessed.
Even though i don't think they could actually "use" the boat even if they have the runes since they're not officers
Yeah I actually am wondering this. I could have sworn in the past I stole a rune and started controlling the boat? Maybe not, this was a while back.

Does anyone know if non-officers can control the boat? Is the only benefit of being an officer embarking/disembarking?