Stealing behaviour

Ashpool

Novice
Thieves can have the most variation and creativity in their template, more than any other role. I started out as a gate thief back when Yew gate was the PVP hotspot on Europa and took what I learned there to every inch of the map(s). Thieves (especially ones with stealth) can go anywhere they want in the game. It saddens me that so many never leave the area from Brit bank to the healers.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
there is very little skill in a town thief using 2 accts setup to loot his corpse if hes dies. This is the only thing that bothers me about removing the the docks. we will just be invaded by lots of skill less 100% safe noob thiefs that insist evreyone else is the trammy

AkkaNation

Neophyte
Stealing intown is just not worth it. There is no way to prevent you from getting guarded most of the time. Since if you fail you just get instantly guarded (this I find so stupid, why make this automatic? Let the players call the guards instead of the NPC's).

I tried stealing in dungeons, but I don't think this is worth it either. First you need to find someone who is standing still long enough for you to snoop and steal something. Still, even if you find someone you managed to snoop then you have the problem that 90% of the items in the game are not stealable. It is either blessed or it is to heavy.

Also stealing near player vendors didn't earn me any money. I stood there for half an hour and saw one person. This person bought a chest from a vendor which ofcourse, I couldn't steal.

I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong here or is being a thief just not worth it if you want to make some money.

Xonryz

Apprentice
Am I doing something wrong here or is being a thief just not worth it if you want to make some money.
Thievery is really only worth it when you get a really big score, it takes determination. It's pretty unprofitable unless you (borderline) scam people.