Stat Loss Suggestion

Torrun

Expert
all that will not stop the big zerg guilds from running in dungeons with 10 pks

it only will remove the solo streamer pks like poptart.

You're right, that's why I said we need to understand what the true issue is. What aspects of PKs are we looking to solve for.

From a rpg perspective all I see is a raging barbarian horde

girana

Grandmaster
You're right, that's why I said we need to understand what the true issue is. What aspects of PKs are we looking to solve for.

From a rpg perspective all I see is a raging barbarian horde

the true issue is you cant do much against that skillfull vets will have a advantge.

you can only stop these way to big guilds by capping the accoundsize of alliances.

Torrun

Expert
all that will not stop the big zerg guilds from running in dungeons with 10 pks

it only will remove the solo streamer pks like poptart.

Disagree here. You did well against a zerg, I did on Catskills and Chesapeake. Skill is the equalizer

toddyboi

Master
Blue/pvmers feel too entitled on this server. I had 2 pvmers cry and yell abuse that i killed them in KHALDUN of all places, even when you enter the dungeon it basically says you're entering a PvP dungeon. With all the bs anti-pk mechanics on here it's made all the pvmers turn into gender neutral lefties who need participation trophies for everything they do.

There is hardly a red problem on this server, there has been so many posts to aid pvmers on how to defend themselves, which hot spots to avoid, recall macros, bank more often. Nope, they just want to be left alone in a dungeon hassle free.

No for trammel thanks.

thestand

Grandmaster
Just throwing something out there...

I always like the idea that we track total number kills (we already kind of are) and use that as a basis for perma red -- ie regardless of how many hours you burn off, if you hit X number of PKs, you are perma red. Idea is to curb blue pking and enforce actual PKs, without of course preventing blue PKing from happening - cause it should.
This will only hurt tamers. Every other char can be deleted and remade in a few days.

Nekronos

Master
What would be prudent Sir would be first to get some supporting data to first prove that there is a problem.

I personally agree with the camp that says “there really is no problem here” BUT....I’m reasonable.

Let’s hear some data, facts, numbers. What is the propitiation of red toons / blue toons that have logged in in the past 1-3 months. How many total murder counts were issued in the past 3 months. How many total murder counts were issued in 2017 total? 2016?
I think before you win over any hearts and minds of a single descenting player you’re going to need to win the argument of if this is all in the eye of the beholder, or a matter of fact.

girana

Grandmaster
What would be prudent Sir would be first to get some supporting data to first prove that there is a problem.

I personally agree with the camp that says “there really is no problem here” BUT....I’m reasonable.

Let’s hear some data, facts, numbers. What is the propitiation of red toons / blue toons that have logged in in the past 1-3 months. How many total murder counts were issued in the past 3 months. How many total murder counts were issued in 2017 total? 2016?
I think before you win over any hearts and minds of a single descenting player you’re going to need to win the argument of if this is all in the eye of the beholder, or a matter of fact.

these stats are sayin nothing.

In the last 3months we are up 20%+ of active pop (source feeling + uogateway) ofc are the numbers of reds also up.

Most Vets got Reds but there are huge diffrents. By far the biggest amount of Vets use their reds exclusiv to fight mostly other vets at champs/rdas/bosses/idoc. This cant be a problem because thats the risk in the basic uo idea risk vs reward.

Nekronos

Master
There are no stats I’ve seen so yes no data says nothing.

And if we are up 20% in population then a very simple proportionate statistic can be determined by adjusting for increased population. Easy

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I have always preferred to see player driven solutions to perceived issues rather than just the staff nerf hammer.

I have been a big proponent on enabling some of the virtues. Allow players to work that virtue up by killing enemy reds. Then give them the benefit of offering protection at spawns and having the chance of power scrolls or spawn rares dropping in their backpacks at the end of the spawn.

I know on Atlantic this helped keeping players happy that were dedicated to defending the spawn from raiders. On my champ spawn guild, all the protection scrolls went to the defenders. Pvpers got to do what they enjoy- fight and were rewarded for this service with dedicated chance of a scroll. Pvmers got to complete the spawn with a better chance of finishing it.

Virtue
Justice is one of the virtues for which there is a game mechanic. The only way to earn Justice is through PVP combat by killing murderers. Justice is expended at Champion Spawns to increase the number of Power Scrollsthat are awarded.

Gaining Justice
Justice is awarded to the person who delivers the killing blow to a murderer, or red, character in Felucca. There is a timeframe of 5 minutes between being able to receive Justice again. This is to prevent people from "farming" Justice by continuously res-killing a red.

The amount of Justice gained from each kill varies with the amount of skill points of the killed character and the level of Justice their killer is currently at. After each kill, a message stating "You have gained in Justice" will be displayed. Once you have fully maxed out the number progress points you can earn a message will be displayed stating "You cannot gain more Justice" which for Justice is two kills past reaching the Knight level.

Roughly speaking, killing a skill capped murderer will award up to 3 progress points while attaining Seeker of Justice, a point and a half while working towards Follower of Justice and a point for each kill while attaining Knight level.

Expending Justice
Justice allows you to "protect" another player in Felucca. While one is under the protection of another, the protector has a chance of receiving a Scroll of Power when the recipient receives one. The chance of receiving a "protection scroll" depends on your Justice level.

• Seeker of Justice: 60% chance of scroll
  • Follower of Justice: 80% chance of scroll
  • Knight of Justice: 100% chance of scroll

girana

Grandmaster
There is a timeframe of 5 minutes between being able to receive Justice again. This is to prevent people from "farming" Justice by continuously res-killing a red.

5 minutes is not stopping ppl from farming it.

and we dont need any other ps sources there are already way too many

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I don't think a bunch of 105 ps's would destroy the market. I see people posting all the time looking for spider food.