Stat counter for mindblast?

PalleB

Apprentice
Not sure what it's like here so if someone could help me out. Trying to figure out best stats for my mages for countering mindblast damage / not loosing too many hitpoints or mana.

Basically what I'm wondering is at what stage you "max out" mindblast damage. If I had 90/35/100 and someone cast clumsy and mindblast on me would that max out the damage? Do I have to go 90/45/90 to effectively take away some of the added damage? Wouldn't that take away the meditation bonus (if that's a thing here) you get at 100 int? :)

What do you guys use? :O

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Bump for awesome calculations.

I'd *say* 90/45/90 would be your best bet, but I don't really know.. Never tested. Your best bet is to test yourself. I don't think the GMs give out these kind of numbers, and who knows how it varies compared to other shards.

I hope there's someone out there that can help you. Run some tests and post your findings, I'm sure this info can help others! :)

Yagyu

Adept
90 45 90 or 90str 55dex 80 int for a tank mage type, for a dexxer do like 90 90 45 str/dex/int
I wouldnt go above that. Make sure to use bless or potions though. 35 is too low, if you do get debuffed and mind blast will do about half the difference so 90 str 26 dex would make for 30+ damage mind blast. I wouldnt go below 45 and keep bless or pots going at all times.

PalleB

Apprentice
90 45 90 or 90str 55dex 80 int for a tank mage type, for a dexxer do like 90 90 45 str/dex/int
I wouldnt go above that. Make sure to use bless or potions though. 35 is too low, if you do get debuffed and mind blast will do about half the difference so 90 str 26 dex would make for 30+ damage mind blast. I wouldnt go below 45 and keep bless or pots going at all times.

That's exactly the kind of input I was looking for, thank you!

halygon

Grandmaster
I usually roll 90str 35dex 100int on pvp mages.

Unless you are in the pits, you should be dropping white and blue pots for every encounter. If you are clumsy'd agility yourself. You will not be an effective Mage if you have more dex then 35 (a lot of peeps roll 30). You want 30 at a minimum if you do stun punches so you swing faster.

MB should be the least of your worries as you can always buff yourself.

Just keep in mind that swing speed (for punches and tank mages) only increases when dexerity hits multiples of 30. So 30 - 60 - 90 - 120. It makes no sense to increase dex past 35 unless you can hit that 60dex level after buffs.

PalleB

Apprentice
Just keep in mind that swing speed (for punches and tank mages) only increases when dexerity hits multiples of 30. So 30 - 60 - 90 - 120. It makes no sense to increase dex past 35 unless you can hit that 60dex level after buffs.

Wow, that's not something I ever heard about before, thanks for the tip :)