Stackable Pots

Super Trammie

Apprentice
No thank you.

This makes poisoning a pointless skill as you can carry 50 cure pots.
It makes macing useless as you can carry 50 refresh pots.
It makes alchemy even more powerful as you can carry 50 explosion pots.

Hephastus

Journeyman
That would make potion kegs useless and hurt a lot of players who have created tinker-carpenters exactly for that purpose.

Sampo

Apprentice
Please add stackable pots. Even if they only stack to a max of 10 pots per stack. You would still need kegs but you wouldn't have to deal with sorting and the item count annoyance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
No thank you.

This makes poisoning a pointless skill as you can carry 50 cure pots.
It makes macing useless as you can carry 50 refresh pots.
It makes alchemy even more powerful as you can carry 50 explosion pots.
That would make potion kegs useless and hurt a lot of players who have created tinker-carpenters exactly for that purpose.

I actually disagree with each of these statements because well, sure you can carry more than the current item limit allows, but you will still hit a limit on weight and who the hell makes a lot of money off of potion kegs (I don't and I had a vendor at my vendor house selling them)? But yes, If they were stackable, I wouldn't ever use potion kegs again unless there was a large advantage to putting them in a keg as opposed to stacked in my pack.

I DO however disagree with it because although as much as I hate having to organize stupid potions all over my pack... If they are non-stacked, they are less likely to be looted off my body, which means they are recoverable as @Kraden mentioned above. Not to mention, i can use them as camouflage against thieves for items of interest.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
I actually disagree with each of these statements because well, sure you can carry more than the current item limit allows, but you will still hit a limit on weight and who the hell makes a lot of money off of potion kegs (I don't and I had a vendor at my vendor house selling them)? But yes, If they were stackable, I wouldn't ever use potion kegs again unless there was a large advantage to putting them in a keg as opposed to stacked in my pack.

I usually run between 15-20 each pot (7&7 str/agil) with 100+ each reg and still have about 100+ stones I could carry. So I could probably come close to doubling the amount I carry before having to worry too much about being weakened and weight limit. Imagine a dexer without that many regs as well. I also would think that most people could care less about losing 100+ potions as it takes an hour of farming to make enough gold to outfit a mage for 2 weeks, even if you die a lot.

It wouldn't really affect my playstyle at all, but I just don't see the benefit other than organization/ease of use while I'd consider it being detrimental to PvP overall.

halygon

Grandmaster
I usually run between 15-20 each pot (7&7 str/agil) with 100+ each reg and still have about 100+ stones I could carry. So I could probably come close to doubling the amount I carry before having to worry too much about being weakened and weight limit. Imagine a dexer without that many regs as well. I also would think that most people could care less about losing 100+ potions as it takes an hour of farming to make enough gold to outfit a mage for 2 weeks, even if you die a lot.

It wouldn't really affect my playstyle at all, but I just don't see the benefit other than organization/ease of use while I'd consider it being detrimental to PvP overall.
Feel free to carry more pots. That just means you can't loot as much.. if at all. There is always a trade off.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Feel free to carry more pots. That just means you can't loot as much.. if at all. There is always a trade off.

I'm not sure you understood. With this set up I'm usually at 100+ items in my pack, with the max being 125. If you stacked pots it would reduce the number, making me be able to carry closer to the weight limit while not coming close to the item limit.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm not sure you understood. With this set up I'm usually at 100+ items in my pack, with the max being 125. If you stacked pots it would reduce the number, making me be able to carry closer to the weight limit while not coming close to the item limit.
Maybe I did... my comment was on the assumption that you were still just using non-stacked pots.

Kael

Master
Don't want to stack em in your backpack don't. I think it would be easier for players to have a restock ready in home and bank and make it much more player friendly. Just my thoughts anyway...

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Don't want to stack em in your backpack don't. I think it would be easier for players to have a restock ready in home and bank and make it much more player friendly. Just my thoughts anyway...

The trade off just doesn't make enough sense IMO. Convenience traded for everyone carrying 100+ pots? You'll never have to worry about an alchy/nox again. Too detrimental to PvP.

Kael

Master
make the weight the same as whther pot is stacked
The trade off just doesn't make enough sense IMO. Convenience traded for everyone carrying 100+ pots? You'll never have to worry about an alchy/nox again. Too detrimental to PvP.

Just make the weight the same stacked or loose??

halygon

Grandmaster
Honestly this isn't much of an issue. I already carry more cures than a nox temp can poison in a typical fight.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
make the weight the same as whther pot is stacked

Just make the weight the same stacked or loose??

The weight isn't the issue, its the item count. You're able to carry 125 items in your pack. On PvPers, most of those 125 are potions. Making them into stacks that take up only six of your 125 item count which would make it easy to carry 40+ potions and still be under the weight limit.

Honestly this isn't much of an issue. I already carry more cures than a nox temp can poison in a typical fight.

For one weapon, yes. If an alchy/nox isn't carrying 5+ poison potions on them then they have no idea what they're doing.

halygon

Grandmaster
Idk, I carry about 35+ cures and regs to cast cure. I cast when I am not hard pressed to conserve pots.. I usually don't have an issue unless I do multiple fights without stopping.

Kael

Master
The weight isn't the issue, its the item count. You're able to carry 125 items in your pack. On PvPers, most of those 125 are potions. Making them into stacks that take up only six of your 125 item count which would make it easy to carry 40+ potions and still be under the weight limit.

For one weapon, yes. If an alchy/nox isn't carrying 5+ poison potions on them then they have no idea what they're doing.

So in order to make the alch/dp template more overpowered we need to limit what other templates can carry in their backpacks?