Speedhack via resync

Kaladin

Expert
I was farming an IDOC last night and a player attacked me, chased me through the woods, and would jump a few tiles every now and then. I just shrugged it off, thinking that the player moved waaaay too fast, but also thinking that I may have lagged. I went to another IDOC this afternoon with my guild and that same player was there. Then, him and my guildmate ended up in a scuffle, I overheard my guildmate say that he was speed hacking.

The guy admitted it, then showed my guildmate how to DO it. Said that one of the admins said that this was LEGAL. WTF???? I honestly don't want to play on a server where people are allowed to cheat. I am not saying that this is the case with UOF, I've always thought that this was an anti-cheat server, that is why I support it. I'm sure 90 percent of the other players feel this way as well, and people should be aware if these "hacks" or exploits are OK to use to make the game fair for everyone else.

I personally can't stand it, and would prefer to play on a normal server if this is the case. Again, I am not saying that this server condones cheating. I've read in a few areas of the web site that say otherwise. Please clarify :(

Kaladin

Expert
Lol, sorry I'm not gonna post the specifics, I don't want everyone doing it!! I will if they say it's legal, because I think everyone should know if it is.

SidX

Grandmaster
You can try PMing the specifics to @Shane or @Adam, they may be able to assist. I doubt any method of speedhacking that gives one player an unfair advantage would be legal here. They are very strict about any kind of unfair exploit.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
You showed how to do it with your title lol. But look, if an admin REALLY says its legal, than shouldn't it be common knowledge?

Kaladin

Expert
I doubt it's common knowledge, and I didn't explain HOW to do it by any means. "Re sync speed hack" doesn't exactly give it away.

Kaladin

Expert
He said Adam was the one who said it was OK, BTW. I don't flat out believe this guy, I'd just like to hear it from the horses mouth before I make any judgement. It is kind of odd that he would explain this exploit to another player without worrying about it. That's basically the only reason I think there may be a slight possibility he was told it's ok. Either that, or he isn't very smart.

SidX

Grandmaster
...I'd just like to hear it from the horses mouth before I make any judgement.
en-expressions-horsesmouth.jpg

Just sayin'

Staff

Young Player Help
I never said it was ok. Anyone caught speedhacking in any form wil be banned. We recently banned a player named chrome for doing this.

We generally can't tell how someone is speedhacking. You could be resyncing nonstop or just straight up using cheat engine. Regardless, the same outcome is speedhacking, which you will be banned for.

hoodfigure

Master
after cheaply putting crude text to that image, I got to looking at it and... That is one fucked up looking horse, or pony, or... brony?

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
I never said it was ok. Anyone caught speedhacking in any form wil be banned. We recently banned a player named chrome for doing this.

We generally can't tell how someone is speedhacking. You could be resyncing nonstop or just straight up using cheat engine. Regardless, the same outcome is speedhacking, which you will be banned for.

I FUCKING CALLED IT I FUCKING SAID IT FROM THE VERY START KNOWN CHEATER HAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA