speed up the recovery time between casting.

Vorax

Grandmaster
I haven't played uoforever but I know it's the oldest and most successful free uo sever of all time so your logic makes you sound moronic.
Since when is a server that has 10-20 afk bank sitters selling millions of uo gold for 5 cents irl money the most successful?

agauo

Master
I tested it yesterday and I found I was able to do it pretty consistently, there is just no room for error. So maybe you just need to practice.

... not unless somehow your buddy Link was able to remove the casting delay or something in your guild's newest client.

Personally I am for making it slightly faster. Just enough to be able to pull off a weaken/magic arrow nox dump. Not sure how this would effect 5x duels, but I am also for some of those timings being adjusted as well (time between nox ticks, magic arrow damage delay).

crome

Grandmaster
the whole system needs slowing down with higher delays in damage the current system is very static indeed. speeding up timers only helps people on low pings spam and makes an even bigger division between explo pots and every other template.

... not unless somehow your buddy Link was able to remove the casting delay or something in your guild's newest client.

I've talked to link like 2x ever. I'm not his friend. I don't even like the guy.

I can do that combo, the poison ends up being perfect or a split second late if I don't cast it perfectly. If you are having problems it's on your end.

PS when can I expect that 90k? Glutt has been waiting for his join fee for a while.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
As much as his shady past makes me want not like @crome i'd bet money on him vs. @Pizzel

When you start correcting grammar on an internet forum you clearly have no other valid arguments.

Btw, nor me nor crome are native english speakers and i'm sure you cannot speak any language other than your own (which is among the easiest if not THE easiest language on earth)

Actually if I'm reading this right, you are wrong, English is one of the hardest languages to learn (from non native)

lollo

Grandmaster
Actually if I'm reading this right, you are wrong, English is one of the hardest languages to learn (from non native)

No? and that's the reason everyone and their mom can speak it? Really, the grammar and sentence structure is so basic and simple compared to other languages.

I also studied German (definitely the hardest of the bunch), french and spanish and english is sooooooo much easier than those. Shit i had an easier time learning english than spanish and i'm italian.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
No? and that's the reason everyone and their mom can speak it? Really, the grammar and sentence structure is so basic and simple compared to other languages.

I also studied German (definitely the hardest of the bunch), french and spanish and english is sooooooo much easier than those. Shit i had an easier time learning english than spanish and i'm italian.

thats just want some people have told me that are non native speaks. Not trying to start anything. But good for you for being versatile.

lollo

Grandmaster
thats just want some people have told me that are non native speaks. Not trying to start anything. But good for you for being versatile.

I went to a german school since i was 3 years old (Kindergarten) and studied there for 12 years. All the subjects were done in German. I only studied english for 5 years and I can probably speak/write it better than German.

I think my english is pretty good (at least, that's what everyone told me, even in english speaking countries) and it only came from 5 years of high school studies. I also studied french and spanish during that time and my french is horrible and my spanish just decent.

I think it's definitely a plus that english is so easy to learn, this way people from all the world can communicate together. If the "go to" language for international relationships would've been chinese i think we'd all be fucked. Big time.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Since when is a server that has 10-20 afk bank sitters selling millions of uo gold for 5 cents irl money the most successful?

1.Without the creators of ******** runuo wouldn't exist, ya know the emulator this server runs on?
2. uoforever hit a peak of 1,739 players online and an average of 900-1000+ players for a long time.
3. uoforever was and is the longest best mechanical server to date ,hence why when people come from uoforever here they wonder why the mechanics aren't as good as they were there.
4. The only reason uoforever is on life support and pretty much dead now is because the Admin Ryan abandoned his server for a long time and screwed up the guy who did all the coding (Mark). Then if you add in the fact that the economy is screwed up because the server has been up so long and people leave uoforever to check out new servers then ya that's why the server is dead. However pvp mechanic wise there isn't a server that has or probably will every match hybrids coding of spell & dexxer pvp mechanics.
5.The server isn't the most populated anymore but that has nothing to with the coding and mechanics of the server.. the admin just quit giving a shit. It happens to all servers, it will happen to this one too. Every person who has ever ran a server started out all gun hoe, excited with a bunch of plans of making the best server and at some point they start losing interest and slowly you start seeing the server dying and people leaving to check out the next new server claiming to be the best. No server last forever and I doubt any server will match uoforever in terms of length.

Not saying Uoforever isn't a fun server but you shouldn't talk on subjects you don't know about. In terms of spell delay,damage.casting etc this server doesn't come close to uoforever's. Hell magic arrow doesn't even do damage till 1 second after it hits you...

Last edited by a moderator:

crome

Grandmaster
1.Without the creators of ******** runuo wouldn't exist, ya know the emulator this server runs on?
2. uoforever hit a peak of 1,739 players online and an average of 900-1000+ players for a long time.
3. uoforever was and is the longest best mechanical server to date ,hence why when people come from uoforever here they wonder why the mechanics aren't as good as they were there.
4. The only reason uoforever is on life support and pretty much dead now is because the Admin Ryan abandoned his server for a long time and screwed up the guy who did all the coding (Mark). Then if you add in the fact that the economy is screwed up because the server has been up so long and people leave uoforever to check out new servers then ya that's why the server is dead. However pvp mechanic wise there isn't a server that has or probably will every match hybrids coding of spell & dexxer pvp mechanics.
5.The server isn't the most populated anymore but that has nothing to with the coding and mechanics of the server.. the admin just quit giving a shit. It happens to all servers, it will happen to this one too. Every person who has ever ran a server started out all gun hoe, excited with a bunch of plans of making the best server and at some point they start losing interest and slowly you start seeing the server dying and people leaving to check out the next new server claiming to be the best. No server last forever and I doubt any server will match uoforever in terms of length.

Not saying Uoforever isn't a fun server but you shouldn't talk on subjects you don't know about. In terms of spell delay,damage.casting etc this server doesn't come close to uoforever's. Hell magic arrow doesn't even do damage till 1 second after it hits you...

LOL

uoforever is the worst pvp system I have even seen you clearly have no idea what your talking about

same as here explo pots that follow people and throwing pots with 2H weps rofl
aos spam happy casting system where you can poison magic arrow someone 100% to 0 with 2 wrestls
special hit formulas that are way off the charts
wrestling rates way way to high
60% stun chance?????
wands that work with eval int damage rather than base damage so do way to much healing/lighting
instant recast when disturbed
no statloss
the origin of sallos pvpers
safe zones everywhere
the most corrupt staff on any server ever

Also hybrids success was due to 2 major servers closing and being so close to aos coming out. For 2 years it was uncontested until defiance and IPY came around then its numbers dropped dramatically I find it much more impressive that this server has so many players so long after people leaving osi. although UOforever was a great ploy with the failed app.

Uofreakkk

Adept
LOL

uoforever is the worst pvp system I have even seen you clearly have no idea what your talking about

same as here explo pots that follow people and throwing pots with 2H weps rofl
aos spam happy casting system where you can poison magic arrow someone 100% to 0 with 2 wrestls
wrestling rates way way to high
60% stun chance?????
wands that work with eval int damage rather than base damage so do way to much healing/lighting
instant recast when disturbed
no statloss
the origin of sallos pvpers
safe zones everywhere
the most corrupt staff on any server ever

Also hybrids success was due to 2 major servers closing and being so close to aos coming out. For 2 years it was uncontested until defiance and IPY came around then its numbers dropped dramatically I find it much more impressive that this server has so many players so long after people leaving osi. although UOforever was a great ploy with the failed app.

You are allowed your own opinions not your own facts.

uoforever was the first pvp server on runuo so your argument is mute when it comes to a pvp system because the majority of the servers to day still aren't even close to uo renassiance era mechanics. I played since 97, after what you said I don't believe you even played this game for more then 3-4 years. Anyone who has played uoforever up till recently knows exactly why the server is dead and it has nothing to do with mechanics and has everything to do with the admin and the economy. As for saying the server has shit mechanics, if that was the case why has the server been up for 10+ years and had an average of 1000+ for a long time ? People didn't leave uoforever because of the mechanics, they played there because of the mechanics... they left because the population died due to a horrible economy and an Admin who quit giving a shit.. As for corrupt staff every server has it, I know someone who was staff here who got fired for something it doesn't mean all staff is corrupt..

No statloss for pks is why the server had pvp 24/7 instead of a group dying and logging for the day while their characters sat afk waiting to get out of stat.. it kept the fights going so you are stupid in that aspect.

60% chance to stun? are we making stats as we go? Pls show me where you got that because it's 50% chance to miss with any weapon skill/wrestling on uoforever so 60% isn't possible.

Wands were stupid but you learn to adapt, doesn't have anything to do with spell mechanics and dexxer mechanics though which is what we are talking about.

Instant recast when disturbed was how it was on OSI but apparently you don't know that because you never played it.

People use sallos here, what does that have to do with mechanics?

safe zones everywhere? where? Valhalla? they have that here.. other than guard zones for blues you could attack a red/gray anywhere including town just like here.

^ what?

"You strike me as a guy who just hates being wrong no matter how stupid he looks trying to save face"

Anyways I'm not going to make a habbit here of feeding ego hungry trolls who just come here to argue. I made my point, you can accept it or rage about it but it's of no concern to me how you feel about it as it is fact.

Good day sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

crome

Grandmaster
uoforever was the first pvp server on runuo
wrong. the software was released by them 6 months prior. also there was many other versions b4 runuo

I played since 97
server? name?

after what you said I don't believe you even played this game for more then 3-4 years.
I tried this game in beta at a friends house. ive played with breaks since 1997 Ive played every UO server and been in the majority of big name guilds across all osi servers.

majority of the servers to day still aren't even close to uo renassiance era mechanics
agreed. 2 have came close defiance[pre change] and OSP

Anyone who has played uoforever up till recently knows exactly why the server is dead and it has nothing to do with mechanics and has everything to do with the admin and the economy. As for saying the server has shit mechanics, if that was the case why has the server been up for 10+ years and had an average of 1000+ for a long time ? People didn't leave uoforever because of the mechanics, they played there because of the mechanics... they left because the population died due to a horrible economy and an Admin who quit giving a shit.

well although it has been a long time since I played gamers I did both early and post change early was the worse spell system ive ever encountered and post change it was a spam fest and nothing else I quit gamers because the guild I was playing with went to WoW.
Gamers did indeed boast + 1000 counts early when it was just starting out and the only time they have gotten close since is 1. boosting online counts and 2. give aways. For a long time on UOgateway it was 1. IPY 2. DFI 3. Gamers. Economys grow its part of any server there will always be an increase in gold and even more so when the server sells it but also prices should move up respectively so in the end it doesn't make that much of a difference.

As for corrupt staff every server has it, I know someone who was staff here who got fired for something it doesn't mean all staff is corrupt..

I agree most servers have some degree of staff abusing powers BUT not like gamers items being deleted off people for no reason other than personal problems houses being deleted admins running around on superpowered chars are just a few of the things that I saw happen.

No statloss for pks is why the server had pvp 24/7 instead of a group dying and logging for the day while their characters sat afk waiting to get out of stat.. it kept the fights going so you are stupid in that aspect.

no statloss makes the whole server imbalanced the rules are in the PKS favour they have no penalty what so ever for killing people who never wanted to engage them in combat and this will drive away every other played to your server who is not a pvper.

60% chance to stun? are we making stats as we go? Pls show me where you got that because it's 50% chance to miss with any weapon skill/wrestling on uoforever so 60% isn't possible. WRONG learn your own shard. also at least last time I played magic weapons gave + wep skill rather than tactics another inaccurate imbalanced system.

Wands were stupid but you learn to adapt, doesn't have anything to do with spell mechanics and dexxer mechanics though which is what we are talking about.
Im very very good with wands I love them.

Instant recast when disturbed was how it was on OSI but apparently you don't know that because you never played it

lol ^^ ok mate clearly here you've shown you were terrible on osi.

disturbing yourself with an item a weapon a spellbook basically anything that disturbed your process would give you instant recast this is why I Invented daggering.
If you were disturbed by another action from a player or monster your timer b4 you could cast again would be the time it would normally take to complete the spell.

a lot it removes action delays and cursor delays meaning people have an advantage over classic clients I don't agree with it being used ever to play this game. but at least they have removed auto chugs ect for the most part.

safe zones everywhere? where? Valhalla? they have that here.. other than guard zones for blues you could attack a red/gray anywhere including town just like here.
yep they do and it should be removed no trammel.

you could kill someone with 1 poison 2 wrestls and about 10 magic arrows

special hits happened to often

"You strike me as a guy who just hates being wrong no matter how stupid he looks trying to save face"

im not often wrong if someone can enlighten me on something that's great.

Anyways I'm not going to make a habbit here of feeding ego hungry trolls who just come here to argue. I made my point, you can accept it or rage about it but it's of no concern to me how you feel about it as it is fact.

what fact?

Good day sir
Fare thee well.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You are allowed your own opinions not your own facts.

uoforever was the first pvp server on runuo so your argument is mute when it comes to a pvp system because the majority of the servers to day still aren't even close to uo renassiance era mechanics. I played since 97, after what you said I don't believe you even played this game for more then 3-4 years. Anyone who has played uoforever up till recently knows exactly why the server is dead and it has nothing to do with mechanics and has everything to do with the admin and the economy. As for saying the server has shit mechanics, if that was the case why has the server been up for 10+ years and had an average of 1000+ for a long time ? People didn't leave uoforever because of the mechanics, they played there because of the mechanics... they left because the population died due to a horrible economy and an Admin who quit giving a shit.. As for corrupt staff every server has it, I know someone who was staff here who got fired for something it doesn't mean all staff is corrupt..

60% chance to stun? are we making stats as we go? Pls show me where you got that because it's 50% chance to miss with any weapon skill/wrestling on uoforever so 60% isn't possible.

Instant recast when disturbed was how it was on OSI but apparently you don't know that because you never played it.

^ what?

Good day sir.
Your points are moot cause you don't know the difference between a moot point and a mute one.

Also a moot point is one that is open for discussion but pointless as it affects nothing.

Has GM Steve confirmed i'm getting perma banned yet, i'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out!

eric_azria

Grandmaster
Prior to a few weeks ago when stun was fixed, this shard had a 57% chance to hit GM vs GM.
There was also a 50% chance to stun on simply an attempted swing. (ie; you could stun punch even if you missed the punch)

It was fixed, along with many other things that are currently being fixed.

To comment on the "people quit because of the corruption, etc"

uoforever was corrupt from very early on. Even in hybrids prime it was corrupt. I don't think Ryan not giving a shit changed anything. The server was up for so long and the economy was a giant trash can. Regardless, even in its corruption it was the best server that has ever existed. OSI was great, but very few servers ever offered the challenge that was offered from uoforever. Less skilled players, and newbs alike had to learn to fight back because it was so unforgiving.

Way too many carebears now, and people who absolutely whine and cry, or just give up the moment a challenge is presented. That's why you'll probably never seen another super successful uoforever like server.

We can change several mechanics on this server, but there's a reason they won't add wands or bolas or they try to nerf tamers to the ground and it's because of the above reason.

OP - Casting recovery is fine. Update your Gateway 2000 to something more modern.

Pizzel

Master
The reason why you think our sentence structure is so simple is because you probably spend most of your free time reading forums like these where 90% of the people posting have no idea about sentence structure.

The average person probably couldn't even tell you what a sentence fragment is or the difference between an independent and dependent clause

crome

Grandmaster
The reason why you think our sentence structure is so simple is because you probably spend most of your free time reading forums like these where 90% of the people posting have no idea about sentence structure.

The average person probably couldn't even tell you what a sentence fragment is or the difference between an independent and dependent clause

does it help you get a girlfriend bro? nope