Specialty wood/metal

Greenman

Apprentice
Sorry if this has been covered already but I have a GM Carp and he cannot seem to use anything other than regular wood, does this mean that if I GM my Smith as well in spite of the fact that I can dig and smelt specialty ores, that he wont be able to work that metal as well? Anyone know why they placed the specialty woods out of reach of the regular crafter? I am a casual player and don't have big bucks to drop on scrolls...

thestand

Grandmaster
There should be an option near the bottom left corner of the Gump menu that you can click on to change the type of wood/metal.

Greenman

Apprentice
There should be an option near the bottom left corner of the Gump menu that you can click on to change the type of wood/metal.
No, I know about that bit but as a GM Carp, I get the message "you have no idea how to work this strange wood", or something to that effect...

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
As far as I know it's just like lumberjacking. You'll need the higher Carpentry to use the wood (But you do not need Lumberjacking).
on the other hand...
Blacksmith Crafting you don't need mining BUT smelting colored ingot items you WILL need at least 99 Mining to Smelt Valorite items.

Last edited:

Greenman

Apprentice
As far as I know it's just like lumberjacking. You'll need the higher Carpentry to use the wood (But you do not need Lumberjacking).
on the other hand...
Blacksmith Crafting you don't need mining BUT smelting colored ingot items you WILL need at least 99 Mining to Smelt Valorite items.
So My Blacksmith, if I GM him will be bale to work specialty metals? I have been throwing them all into chest at the house and saving them for then. Which is good news I suppose. But again does anyone know why they raised the requirements to chop and work specialty woods?

Last edited: