Spawn hijacking?

crazy-horse

Master
Ok, my favorite spawn (right outside my house) has been missing for like 4 hours. I can understand sometimes somebody tangles with something beyond their ability and ends up kiting something away from home, but this is happening every night now. Sometimes I can find it, tonight I can't.
Is intentionally hijacking a spawn like this legitimate play? It affects all. And is it possible someone can move it back itf the culprit isnt really using one demon for 4 hours?
Can, like, a timer be put on a spawn creature where if its away from home more than an hour it will pop back?

crazy-horse

Master
Ha! Been looking everywhere. Now as soon as I post, I find it close to hiome in an area I covered 3 times,. Apparently it was slowly working its way home from wherever the culprit kited it.
So, its like a mini version of what I suggested. Instead of slowly making its way back over hours.. just repop back home so people can grind again, instead of one person just having his jollies while everybody can just wait on him for hours after he quit playing with it.

Weland

Grandmaster
The only with it popping back up is if some youngling was running around your area then snap fizzle pop a demon appears on top of his butt. They would have to put like a no aggro timer of like 5 to 10 seconds for people to react.

crazy-horse

Master
The only with it popping back up is if some youngling was running around your area then snap fizzle pop a demon appears on top of his butt. They would have to put like a no aggro timer of like 5 to 10 seconds for people to react.
No difference than when it pops up after it had been killed.

Morgy

Grandmaster
When I notice a spawn and its incomplete...I look for the mob around the area...tracking helps to

crazy-horse

Master
I have two trackers. Tracking won't find something that just isn't there.
Thinking about waiting as a ghost tonight.

Guwap

Grandmaster
Last time I couldn't find the daemon from that spot he was East down the mountain a bit.

crazy-horse

Master
I've found him north around the river bend.. east stuck in the fork of the mountains, west about halfway to Yew, and last night, south.
Of course, not all of that was recent... but just shows how creative people can be about moving him.

crazy-horse

Master
I understand people needing to move it occasionally.. just that suddenly its every night, and with the easter event going on.
Once in awhile playing hide and seek with him is ok. And normally if I cant find him, eventually someone will. And thats on when there isn't time running out. :)
So, all I ask is.. if a spawned monster is moved from home and left for an hour or so, he goes back.. and not at a slow snails pace for hours.

maddp

Journeyman
if its far enough off station for long enough it will respawn ive seen it with the paragons at least the paragon will change into a normal mob and will respawn a paragon at the spawn spot

crazy-horse

Master
if its far enough off station for long enough it will respawn ive seen it with the paragons at least the paragon will change into a normal mob and will respawn a paragon at the spawn spot
Yeah, that happens inside the spawn area too. I remember long long ago, before my little spawn became "discovered" and I was still too weak to take on a paragon demon, if I would wait long enough, I think somewhere between two and four hours, it would stop being a paragon and I could kill it (no, no paragon loot remained on him).