So..What do you guys think about having an auction house?

rippx

Neophyte
Benefits:

Huge! Massive! Almost* everything that is on sale in the server will be at your fingertips right there. This will add a whole other level of convenience for the seller and buyer.

-You wouldn't necessarily have to do away with player vendors either, perhaps you could incorporate vendors items into the auction house if the player wishes.

*Maybe there could be a limitation on the types of items sold on the auction house (trade goods, weapons, armor, etc.). Certain items would still have to be sold manually, player to player.

Negatives:

Takes away from the originality of Ultima Online. Spamming for what you need at west brit bank or shopping around looking for vendors, while risking getting killed because you're playing at 4pm and school is out so there are pkers everywhere, is the epicenter of Ultima Online!

illusion

Master
No, running up to a vendor is part of UO.

But, I would like to see it for tamed animals / rares. IE: Minimum bid on the AH would be 20k or something, this way your traditional vendors would still stay intact, selling GM weapons and armor; and the AH would be a means for bidding on more expensive / rare items and tamed animals.

gucci mane

Apprentice
2zdvGxc.jpg

I don't see what'd be wrong with having player run auction houses,. they are part of UO just as much. No need for a server - made auction system.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
its already been brought up like 203473287423 times before

1. takes away forums activity
2. takes away irc activity
3. no more spamming at brit bank
4. takes away from vendor malls, player vendors

even tho its a good idea.... alot more negative with this here with the amount of people we have

3 is actually a good thing imo.
I'd prefer more people to use the forum the way it's intended instead of spamming brit bank, or parking their gate bot there.

Abraxas

Neophyte
Auctions are a tiny fraction of the forums. An auction house would be sooooo much fun. The times of what and who could be announced in the forums and "yes" of course it would only be special items. What you enter in the auction house would be auto filtered. There could be a readable scroll out front with times and what item as well. That would be GREAT! Love this idea Rippx!!! Even if you didn't want to buy anything it would still be fun to watch the auction. Much more fun then watching the forums.

noobs705

Grandmaster
Not that I know a ton about the subject but I'd imagine to make a non buggy good auction house it would take so much work on the devs end it would not even be funny. And that's another reason I could never see it happening

rippx

Neophyte
its already been brought up like 203473287423 times before

1. takes away forums activity
2. takes away irc activity
3. no more spamming at brit bank
4. takes away from vendor malls, player vendors

even tho its a good idea.... alot more negative with this here with the amount of people we have

1. No, not really. There is a lot more to the forum then simply selling and buying.

2. No, not really. There is a lot more to the irc channel rather then simply selling and buying. Personally, almost every time I join irc is to talk and just see what's going on.

3. Yes

4. Yes, however as I stated in my OP, there could be an option to transfer vendor items into the auction house.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
well just like the other 10-20 threads about this in the past, i'll just go ahead and mention go ahead and write the script for them to implement this then ;)

rippx

Neophyte
well just like the other 10-20 threads about this in the past, i'll just go ahead and mention go ahead and write the script for them to implement this then ;)

There's a reason this section is called "Suggestions & Ideas", and by that, I don't think they mean "give them scripts to implement." So i'm not sure which arbitrary tangent you are going off on lmao.

Not that I know a ton about the subject but I'd imagine to make a non buggy good auction house it would take so much work on the devs end it would not even be funny. And that's another reason I could never see it happening

Yep! It would be a lot of work. I think it would be worth it, nonetheless.