Smithy Macro and Unattended Gathering

The Deuce

I've used a macro to gain smithy/mining/tinkering on a bunch of different free shards. Often I end up tossed in the britannia jail because the macro does involve mining unattended. However, when the situation explained and macro provided, a couple shards GMs said it was ok, others say no.

Basically, the macro doesn't accumulate any resources. It mines ore, smelts, makes swords and melts them back down. Never gains or collects any ingots, doesn't involve moving or recalling, and only uses Razor. It also doesn't create any products to sell, anything smithed up is instantly melted back down. So in the end, I don't gain any kind of wealth, the macro purely gains smithing skill.

A couple shards have decided that it's ok, on the idea that I don't actually "gather" resources, as in collecting them, and the point of the rule is really to prevent the market from flooding with a million ingots mass-gathered every night. Other shards have taken the stricter approach, saying that it mines therefore it's bad.

Figured this time I'd take the easier route and just ask first. I can provide the macro in question to management, if needed. No worries if it's not approved, it's just my lazy way of (slowly) raising smithy skill while I'm at work. So I'm wondering if something like this is ok? I'm aware that it's likely to cause occasional jailing when a confused GM sees me mining unattended, then I have to sort it out.

The Deuce

Hah!
I am pretty proud of it. It's clever enough to make new tinker tools, hammers, and shovels as needed. I even had to make it switch ore types because when my mining got high enough it would pick up higher level ingots which started really screwing with things. Theoretically I could make it recall around to different spots for greater efficiency but I always felt the extra exposure was counterproductive, razor isn't really sophisticated enough to recognize when you're under attack fast enough to actually escape. (and some shards have rules about moving while macroing anyway) Plus, that means stocking regs, failed recall casts with my crappy magery, possibly recalling to a bank to restock... too many things that can go wrong and Razor isn't really good enough to handle them.

Slow and steady and reliable, best tools for someone as lazy as me.

edit: I see you link a macro website in your signature, so clearly you'd be interested in such a thing. I might be willing to send a copy along... for a price! I'm brand spanking new to this shard, so some startup funding would be reeeaaallly appreciated ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Greed

Master
Well, I'm kinda broke right now but maybe if I get some money I could throw some your way for sharing it since you need the gold so badly.

limlight

Grandmaster
Good luck..you risk your account being banned. I tried afk mining....my house got dropped. Lol

My advice is dont do it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The Deuce

Good luck..you risk your account being banned. I tried afk mining....my house got dropped. Lol

My advice is dont do it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The reason I'm asking beforehand is so that my account isn't at risk at all.

Official word would be nice.