Smithing Question

Winters

Journeyman
Approx. how many ingots does it take to get from 50-GM smithing? More specifically doing the short spear method all the way into the mid 90s and then doing plate gorgets. Thanks.

halygon

Grandmaster
It took me 27k ingots to go from 50-GM smithy.. Probably slightly less then that, but I deleted the file I had with exact numbers..

halygon

Grandmaster
At the crafters guild except for the last few points. The resource bonus makes it cheaper than training in a dungeon but not as fast.

Messremb

Grandmaster
At the crafters guild except for the last few points. The resource bonus makes it cheaper than training in a dungeon but not as fast.

I disagree, 50% skill gain bonus or 20% resource bonus? the only reason to do it in the crafting area is for slayers.

Get and orc mask and carry a bunch of gems and macro in orc cave. when the orcs RPers come by give them the Gems and they will leave you alone. I did my first smith in the crafting area and used around 30k ingots, my second smith (only 85) I did in the orc cave and used 7k igonts to get to 85.

Also you can mine right there if your mining your ingots.

Orc cave is the way I always recommend.

halygon

Grandmaster
Idk, I think we would have to get hard numbers both ways from 50-GM. Looks like 27-30k for gming in crafting area is accurate. Do you plan on finishing your second smith in a dungeon?

Messremb

Grandmaster
Idk, I think we would have to get hard numbers both ways from 50-GM. Looks like 27-30k for gming in crafting area is accurate. Do you plan on finishing your second smith in a dungeon?

unfortunately no, he's just for farming BODs. 85 is the magic number for that.

Winters

Journeyman
Ive actually crafted slayers in my house before, I had another character a while back and while i was macroing short spears about a year ago, i made a few slayers ;) So is it just that you have a higher chance in the crafting area of making a slayer?

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
Ive actually crafted slayers in my house before, I had another character a while back and while i was macroing short spears about a year ago, i made a few slayers ;) So is it just that you have a higher chance in the crafting area of making a slayer?

Yes you have a higher chance in the crafting area. Not 100% sure about the numbers, but I think it's 1% chance normally and 2,5% in the crafting area?

Winters

Journeyman
Does your chance of crafting slayers raise as your skill raises? Also, is there a message or do you have to manually check?

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
Does your chance of crafting slayers raise as your skill raises? Also, is there a message or do you have to manually check?

Not sure on the first question, I "think" it remains the same.
There is a message though when you craft one.

Winters

Journeyman
Will short spears really take you all the way to the mid 90s? Im startin to notice some slow down already in the low 80s...

Messremb

Grandmaster
Awesome, thanks for that. 27k in crafters guild and 20k in dungeon. Lol not sure the dungeon is worth the cost of 7k ingots.

Like a said carry a few gems and give them as tribute to the Orcs. not only will they leave you alone. they usually run of any other PKs in the area.

56k and GMing in half the time, Worth it if you ask me.

berticus

Grandmaster
Not all the players there are true RP orcs, or even orcs at all. But it was worth the risk to me. I had hiding on my smith which helped ease the pain

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

berticus

Grandmaster
Short spears will take you to 95. The further you take it, the more you succeed, the less nights you'll waste and more you'll recycle

berticus

Grandmaster
Short spears seemed better in cave since craft guild only saves you one ingot at a time. Once you move on to a higher ingot item, the crafting zone gains speed