Smithing & Power Scrolls: Obtaining and Using (plus other things)

Karnifex

Novice
I like the wiki, but there are definitely some inconsistencies with other info on the game. So I'm asking here to get some clarity.

1) Can someone confirm I do in fact need to use the 105, 110, 115, 120 scrolls in order and that I cant just use 120?

2) I read somewhere I can get power scrolls from filling BODs. Is that true? Can I earn them at 100 skill?

3) What factors contribute to my chances of making a slayer weapon?

4) Can I repair my Gargoyle pick axes?

clutchxo

Grandmaster
I like the wiki, but there are definitely some inconsistencies with other info on the game. So I'm asking here to get some clarity.

1) Can someone confirm I do in fact need to use the 105, 110, 115, 120 scrolls in order and that I cant just use 120?

2) I read somewhere I can get power scrolls from filling BODs. Is that true? Can I earn them at 100 skill?

This is true, Not only do you have to use them in succession to reach 120 skill, but you need to use the 105, and then hit the 105 cap before you can use the 110 and so on.

2) I read somewhere I can get power scrolls from filling BODs. Is that true?
Yes, certain BOD's net certain rewards. Some of those rewards consist of power scrolls.

Can I earn them at 100 skill?
Yes.

First off, you need to be making weapons in the Britain crafting area to have any success at creating a slayer. Your blacksmith just increases your chances of making said weapon, and making it exceptional. Regardless of your smithing skill, you still have X% of making a slayer,

No.

If you need any help feel free to PM me. I can send you my skype and answer any crafting questions related.