Smith BOD Reward Breakdown

Tearloch

Grandmaster
OK, so everyone knows Tower of Roses is the BIBLE for BOD rewards, right? They have recently moved their site, and some have had trouble accessing it (yes, I know the new address). But I wanted a quicker access list. Print out the TOR table in it takes 4 pages...

I also wanted something to help me easily set prices on BODs that I do not want to complete or save.

To do this, I wanted to be able to categorize the rewards from each type of Smith BOD. Once I broke down the table, I found there are 22 Reward levels. I ordered the reward levels based on the Tower of Roses table, and made a small spreadsheet to summarize the results.

Here are the 22 Reward levels, with the expected reward (%):

Level Reward (% Chance)
1 - Durable Pick / Shovel (100)
2 - Durable Pick / Shovel (90); +1 Mining Gloves (10)
3 - Gargoyle Pick (45); Prospector's Tool (45); +3 Mining Gloves (10)
4 - Gargoyle Pick (40); Prospector's Tool (40); Fortification Powder (20)
5 - Fortification Powder (90); +5 Mining Gloves (10)
6 - D.C Runic (100)
7 - D.C Runic (60); Shadow Runic (40)
8 - Shadow Runic (100)
9 - 105 Power Scroll (60); Shadow Runic (30); Ore Colored Anvil (10)
10 - Copper Runic (100)
11 - 110 Power Scroll (60); Copper Runic (30); Ore Colored Anvil (10)
12 - Bronze Runic (100)
13 - +10 Ancient Smith's Hammer (100)
14 - 115 Power Scroll (100)
15 - +15 Ancient Smith's Hammer (100)
16 - 120 Power Scroll (100)
17 - Golden Runic (100)
18 - +30 Ancient Smith's Hammer (100)
19 - Agapite Runic (100)
20 - +60 Ancient Smith's Hammer (100)
21 - Verite Runic (100)
22 - Valorite Runic (100)

Here is the table:
QD_xWxtxJklgG42RrAt4Q_mgcf3eMZ-YUehIQ4HhIQ=w615-h207-p-no

I plan to base a Smith BOD price list off of this table, to help me quickly price BODs on my vendor or to value them for trades, based on the rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
You have a vendor up yet? I used this to price things out based on a fair price such that the value of a BOD = EV(reward) - ingot value, all /# BODs for reward.

Very instructive; unfortunately not too many sellers look at things this way...

Tearloch

Grandmaster
I have a vendor at Gankware. And I know most sellers don't currently price things out the same way, but I am hoping to change that. This seems to make a consistent way to price BODs on my vendor. I am working on the same type of thing for Tailor BODs. Found 15 Reward levels there, but now I am trying to confirm all the LBODs out there before I move forward on it.

kyleakira

Master
Just a short question:

What happens if the tailor offers me a Bod but I cancel it, Can I have another or should I wait for 6 hours?

THanks.