Small, realistic Sallos suggestions from a game mechanics standpoint

kurtis

Grandmaster
I have been loving the smoothness of the Sallos client. It really makes the game more enjoyable for me. Now obviously, Sallos has its lackings. But if I want to do certain things, like craft or macro my char overnight, I just load up Steam or Razor. No problem. It mostly enhances PvP and I don't expect Sallos to be all-encompassing.

However, I'd like to use this thread to make a few suggestions to improve functions that put Sallos at an unfair disadvantage not from a "quality of the assist program" standpoint but rather from a purely game mechanic standpoint. I think you'll understand what I mean when you read on.

1. BANDAGE SELF. If you use Sallos you know the old UO Classic client "Options" menu doesn't exist. Instead, Sallos has its own option menu that completely replaces it. This is not the case for Razor or Steam. Well, the old classic client Bandage Self macro (available through the UO client's own options menu, not razor or steam) allows several unique benefits.
    • It allows you to begin bandaging yourself with a targeting cursor already up and it will not disrupt the cursor. This is very essential to playing a healmage, and it's also very nice for any alchy dexer who wants to begin bandaging while an explo pot cursor is up.
    • The classic client Bandage Self macro also allows you to bandage yourself while hidden without revealing yourself. I always thought this function was kind of cheesy, but it is what it is. Again, this is not a special enhancement by Razor or Steam. This Bandage Self option is using the classic client options alone, without any assist program.
    • Unfortunately, the Sallos version of Bandage Self that replaced the classic client's version does not offer these same benefits. So if you are playing a healmage, let's say, when you begin bandaging yourself you automatically kill your targeting cursor (eliminating any spell you had waiting). It will also kill an alchy dexer's explot pot cursor. And you'll be revealed if you try healing yourself while hidden.
    • I'm assuming that the Sallos Bandage Self just finds a bandage in your pack, double clicks the bandage, and then targets your char, which is why you lose any targeting cursor and become revealed. But this is not how the classic bandage self operates and it really puts Sallos at a huge disadvantage from a purely game mechanic standpoint.
    • I'd like to suggest that Sallos be adjusted to work the same way that the classic client works, such that cursors stay active and hidden players are not revealed.
2. CIRCLE OF TRANSPARENCY. Sallos has a "transparency" option but it really just lets you see a shade of objects that are otherwise blocked from view. But you can't actually pick something up that's underneath, let's say, a wall. And you definitely can't set something down behind a wall, or anything else that would block a view for that matter. This is annoying and it definitely has a negative impact on the Sallos client from a purely mechanic standpoint. I've literally had to close Sallos and re-open on Steam/Razor to grab items that I know had fallen behind a wall. I sugges that a proper circle of transparency be added. The Sallos version appears to assume that the wall is still there, and it double clicks the wall (which does nothing) instead of click the item that is hidden from view.

3. YOUR INPUT HERE. Please add to this thread any other instances where Sallos is at an unfair disadvantage from a game mechanics standpoint, not just general gripes.

Thank you.