Skill Decisions

Jedo

Neophyte
So, I'm still pursuing my melee T-hunter, and I've come to the point where I need to drop something to raise my LP skill higher. I want to keep my combat skills, so I was thinking of losing healing for LP. I have 100 Magery, so is mage healing comparable to the healing skill? also, for stats, I have 100 str 80 dex and 45 int, is that enough int to heal many times? or hell, should I just drop magery down to complete my LP? I only need about 30 points in LP before I can undo all the chests, and I only use magery for travel. any thoughts?

batrabbit

Apprentice
Well melee t-hunter is going to be hard. How are you goingvyo take on high level mobs melee? Not saying it can't be done just going to be hard. I think 45 mana you can g-heal maybe 3 or 4 times.

The more I think about it the more impossible I think it is to t hunt on a melee char. How are you going to deal with two lich lords, a dread spider and on ogre lord? Do you have provoc and music? If not there is almost no way I can see this working. Even with provoc and music how are you going to deal with a single spawn high level mob?

If anyone bass melee t-hunter and can solo a level 4 or 5 t-map I will pay to see that.

Jedo

Neophyte
that's what everyone says :) just to set this straight, I don't want to be filthy rich and successful by finding treasures, it's just fun. I'm probably the worst pvp i've ever met, and im not really very successful hunting on my own even when there arent any reds about. to me, t-hunting gives good adventure - I even do this the hard way(so i'm told) by not using stratics to find locations, and i spend sometimes 5 minutes just trying to find the box once i'm in the right area. I do it for fun and I know I'll never be able to solo anything higher than probably 2(but I'll try anyway :) ) so... 3 or 4 cures wont cut it, ill need to keep healing. How far could I let magery go and still be able to recall easily? does using runebooks make a difference in recallability(my new word)? I really want to start level 2 chests, and who knows, i may drop some of my other combat skills for provo or something like that to get to 3 and above. anyway, thats my rant(sort of?) and thanks for the help :)

batrabbit

Apprentice
I totaly understand I suck a pvp too and hunting in dungeons I was getting pked a lot. So after making enough money I trained my t-hunter, so I can make money and not have to go into dungeons. I felt like going into dungeons was the crappiest thing in the world, if pks didn't kill me a blue would try to kill me, made me lose hope for the player base here. So I trained my t-hunter so I can solo and have fun, not having to worry about getting pk much. After I got my t-hunter done i ran tons of maps made tons of gold and items than got kinda board of t-hunting. So with my provoc and music gm'ed I started going in to high level dungeons. Lots of gold lots of fun and not much pk hunting there.

AnywAys to answer some of your question:
I have a miner with 49 magery and he has never failed casting recall. Rune books and using scroll in the should have 100% cast rate at zero magery, but I have heard that it doesn't work all the time but not sure. At any rate 30 to 35 should be able to use rune books 100% if nothing else. Good luck and have fun out there.

Jedo said:
How far could I let magery go and still be able to recall easily? does using runebooks make a difference in recallability(my new word)?

At 62.9 shown Magery skill, you stop fizzling 4th circle.
At 0.0 base Magery skill, you can't fizzle when using a charged Runebook.

Malrex

Neophyte
I'm sorta curious about your spec. I think any spec could handle level 2 maps decently....but I have a feeling after you master level 1s and 2s, you will want to try a higher one.
After thinking about it, if I wanted a melee thunter, I think I would do something like this.....

100 weapon
100 tactics
70 anatomy
70 healing
100 lockpicking
70 carto
20 magery
85 music
85 provo

This spec...heh, well things would get hairy. You would be able to cure poison with healing which would be handy...and you might be able to be good enough to provoke things onto each other with a few tries. You would have to carry a fully charged runebook and some potions for sure...but may have enough magery to cast telekinesis to get rid of the traps..with scrolls. I think its a pretty gimp spec, but might be pretty fun. After looking at it some more, you could probably lower lockpicking to 90 or so (since I dont think you would survive level 5s and 6s) and beef up something....anyways, random thoughts.