Skill cap

Hey all!
I read somewhere that you can increase your 700 skill cap to 720 by taking any skill PS and progressing from +5, +10, +15 and +20. I figured: Now that's a good way to get more skill points out of my 8-Skills template. So I started off by buying a Tinkering PS 105 since its one of the cheapest out there and tried to apply it to my character. System message came as follows:

You do not meet the requirements for this PS you must be at the skill cap to use it.

Obsiviously, my char has 0 in Tinkering but the idea was simply to raise my skill cap from 700 to 705 (aiming at 720). It seems the system won't let me do it unless I raise Tink to 100 and then eventually to 120. In order to avoid this enormous waste of time and ressources, Is there any way to go around this?

Also, there's no guaranty the 720 skill cap will actually stay once I start lowering Tinkering for a more useful, template-oriented, skill.

Did anyone ever try this and make it work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hanebu

Master
You can raise your skillcap to 720. Even if you are dropping your 120 skill afterwards...
But to be honest, Tinkering is expensive. Try to find a 120 one ;-)
For the 105 Powerscroll you need to have your skill at 100.
For the 110 Powerscroll you need to have your skill at 105.
For the 115 Powerscroll you need to have your skill at 110.
For the 120 Powerscroll you need to have your skill at 115.

If you really wanna do this, take other Powerscrolls than Tinkering.

Yea I would have gone for another skill PS had I known I needed to raise it first. I'll proly try peacemaking since they're cheap+easy gain

Thanks for your answer!

Well it turns out this is much more work than excepted.
First of all, these Peace PS's don't necessarily come cheap (I've seen crazies selling 120s for 1mil) and raising peace ain't such an easy task either. You pretty much have to rely on SS for the later stages. I'd say it's still worth it to anyone out there who's willng to try but bear in mind you might have to put in more ressources than what you bargained for.