Simple Tank build

LandoFleet

Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I am currently creating a tank char and don't know which skill are reasonable.

Stats are
100 Strength
100 Dex
25 Int

Those skills are clear:

100 Weaponskill (in my case sword)
100 Tactics
100 Parrying
100 Healing
100 Anatomy

Now I am struggling with those 3 skills

hiding
magery
resisting spells

I really like since it helps a lot with PKs and sometimes monsters
How important would you say is resist?
I dont really want to have no magery at all... at least it should be enough for recalling. how much do I need for this?

Maybe some split like

50 magery
75 hiding
75 resist?

I really don't know...

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks Lando

drasked

Grandmaster
I'd say if you are going tank, resist is a must to make you more tanky versus monsters and wizards.

For recalling you can simply use runebooks with recall scroll charges and that has a 100% success rate even with 0 magery.

LandoFleet

Apprentice
thanks for reply. so you would drop magery completely and go for hiding and resist?

Or forget hiding and go for GM magery and resist?

kinda unclear on wat ur asking if ur talking tank mage i would recomend 100 str 80 dex 45 int..... then for skill si would do wepskill/magery/meditation/resist/tactics/anatomy/eval int. for straight tank i personally do archery/fencing/poison/resist/tactics//anatomy/healing.... which is a wierd build but works great for me as im lvl 7 serker with infected wounds i can dp/lethal with my bow and if pk runs up i switch to kryss/fork and dp then re equip bow for chasing them =D.. other way to do it tho is swords/poison/hiding/healing/anatomy/tactics/resist. 100str 100dex 25 int. i know alot more builds if u have questons pm me been playing 15 plus years.good luck

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Hello everyone,

I am currently creating a tank char and don't know which skill are reasonable.

Stats are
100 Strength
100 Dex
25 Int

Those skills are clear:

100 Weaponskill (in my case sword)
100 Tactics
100 Parrying
100 Healing
100 Anatomy

Now I am struggling with those 3 skills

hiding
magery
resisting spells

I really like since it helps a lot with PKs and sometimes monsters
How important would you say is resist?
I dont really want to have no magery at all... at least it should be enough for recalling. how much do I need for this?

Maybe some split like

50 magery
75 hiding
75 resist?

I really don't know...

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks Lando

For a meta tank, I run the 5 x GM as you commented, but as for magery and resists, I run with GM for both of them, no hiding. Therefore, my template is:

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Parrying
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Magery
100 Resisting spells

The magery I have for magic reflect, just to give the additional assistance for hard monsters. A lot say replace the magery with hiding, but I find the magic reflect and not having to always use recall scrolls for how much one travels around, is much easier. The problem is that everyone will have their own opinion and your most likely going to have to find what works for you and what your fighting more often then not. As for the stats, it really depends on the type of armor your going to wear, but my stats are 100 str, 35 int, and 90 dex. I am wanting to go for the 120 peacmaking because it will give the extra 20 points for meditation, but I need to finish meta pet first. :p

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I'd drop hiding, and anatomy and pick up music + provo. that way you can 'taunt' creatures off you, on you to save a teammate, and have much more control of the battle field.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
If you can control monsters to attack other targets you don't need the extra 15 points of healing, and 20% of single hand weapons isn't as much damage as you'd think.

Don't get me wrong, a lil extra healing, and dmg would be nice, but the ability to essentially mind control the monster in question to attack someone else far out-weighs the risks. And if you're in a group healing shouldn't be much of an issue since anyone with magery (himself included) can out heal any bandage.

tankian

Grandmaster
For a meta tank, I run the 5 x GM as you commented, but as for magery and resists, I run with GM for both of them, no hiding. Therefore, my template is:

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Parrying
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Magery
100 Resisting spells

The magery I have for magic reflect, just to give the additional assistance for hard monsters. A lot say replace the magery with hiding, but I find the magic reflect and not having to always use recall scrolls for how much one travels around, is much easier. The problem is that everyone will have their own opinion and your most likely going to have to find what works for you and what your fighting more often then not. As for the stats, it really depends on the type of armor your going to wear, but my stats are 100 str, 35 int, and 90 dex. I am wanting to go for the 120 peacmaking because it will give the extra 20 points for meditation, but I need to finish meta pet first. :p
You only need 40 magery if you use magic reflect scrolls so 100 magery is a waste because you dont have enough mana or intl to cast higher lvl spells

Volco

Master
100 Anatomy
100 Arms Lore
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
100 Hiding
20 Magery (only if you use powerscrolls to raise your cap to 720)
100/100/25
is what i'm using.

Some people will take a little more Magery and less hiding, and set stats to 95/90/40 (or 100/85/40). If you like the idea of using basic magery, this could be a good route. If you don't care about magery, i'd say stick to the template above.

As tankian said, you can take parry over hiding (which may be very wise especially when you're talisman isn't high level). The main reason I dropped parry was because it wore down the durability of my shields really fast. More trips to the blacksmith goes against my very strict 'lazy' policy. lol

If you keep a runebook filled with charges, you can recall at 100% success with 0 magery.
Resist is awesome against PK's if you didn't get a chance to recall away in time. It's also a huge life saver vs some of the higher-end spawn like daemons, all variations of dragons, balrons, titans, etc.

I'm a big fan of hiding. In the right situations, it'll save you from reds. (if they're coming from offscreen and you don't feel like recalling. you can generally hide before they see you). Hiding is also great for resetting PvE fights, and for when you step away to go poop.