Silver vs. Repond

Amalgam

Journeyman
One key feature I'm sure many would remember is that improper use of Slayers had inherent penalties. They don't appear to exist here and I'm wondering if this has maybe been overlooked or is a deliberate feature?

Slayers had opposition groups - notably Silver vs Repond. Using a repond against undead foe was traditionally a very bad idea.

Slayer weapons for all their worth must be used with care. In the olden days, I think it was use of a silver vs a humanoid meant that you delivered half damage, and received double. (!)

I would suggest some slayer opposition groups be given consideration, with some sort of penalty for improper use. These penalties could vary...

Amalgam

Journeyman
The same should apply with slayer instruments -- using a silver instrument on anything but undead should REDUCE the chance of success.

It should be noted that the server is FLOODED with slayers and with no penalty for improper use? This is madness!

Oaks

Neophyte
I agree. Using a slayer on the wrong creature should have a weakened effect.

I like the slayer craft chance from Brit Smiths etc.., but at the same time there's a lot of slayers everywhere.

and how many times is the instrument that I see drop going to be Silver slaying and nothing else?

Young Star

Grandmaster
Silver drops the most out of all the super slayers as loot. Instruments especially. Most people dont even use slayer instruments here though. Exceptionally crafted instruments have a very high success chance for provoking. Peacing, you fail a lot still even at 120 against anything tougher then a dragon and if it does succeed it only lasts a quick moment.

For weapons when I first started here farming I had a collection of really nice silver power or higher weapons from loot and rarely saw a different super slayer. I bought most of those from slayer vendors that crafted them.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
people use slayer instruments? ive always gone with just gone with a GM ?

Edit: oh for discord mayb?