Silent auction house + donation

monktoast

Expert
You take existing building or create new one turn it into an auction house. Players can buy with donation coins a "spot" whether its a table or case or something.

With this auction ticket they can lock down items. Set a starting bid and buyout bid and set auction length

So I or anyone waltzes into the building and see all the cool stuff for auction. I see something I like click it which does starting bid and current bid then a place to put my bid.

I'm not suggesting a world auction gump either I live the tactile feel
Of uo so it would be the items on display there.

Each bid removes your gold from your bank and puts it on hold, so every bid is set in stone. You bid you pay.

now I know what you are thinking what if someone shill bids? Raising up their item from another character well that's a waste if donation coins because you may get stuck buying your own item

FAMARA

Grandmaster
You take existing building or create new one turn it into an auction house. Players can buy with donation coins a "spot" whether its a table or case or something.

With this auction ticket they can lock down items. Set a starting bid and buyout bid and set auction length

So I or anyone waltzes into the building and see all the cool stuff for auction. I see something I like click it which does starting bid and current bid then a place to put my bid.

I'm not suggesting a world auction gump either I live the tactile feel
Of uo so it would be the items on display there.

Each bid removes your gold from your bank and puts it on hold, so every bid is set in stone. You bid you pay.

now I know what you are thinking what if someone shill bids? Raising up their item from another character well that's a waste if donation coins because you may get stuck buying your own item

love the idea.

too many people backing out of deals ect on forums.

i would auction everything i own.

to prevent people bidding on their own item, just have it cost something to auction the items.

maybe even some other things put in place, like ip restriction ect.

monktoast

Expert
The cost would be donation coins, or the conversion gold value of them. either per item or per booth of some type. But it can't be too many or it would be pointless to auction that way.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Like the idea but why not just start an auction house yourself. All u gta do is show u are trustworthy. Have a house and do designated times. I remember going to live auctions on osi. Not sure how well it would work here tho