Ships

LittleStapes

Neophyte
Just started fishing last night, and found out fast about pirates. The pirate who got me was very good at what he was doing, I also think that what they do is perfectly fine. However all that aside I have a huge problem with one person placing over 20 boats to block mine. Players can have two houses, this guy has over 20 boats placed in the water! I can understand maybe two. No one player should have the ability to place 20 boats that just seems ridiculously stupid.

The pirate demands I give him my boat key or he will block it in till it sinks, if he had a crew of people working with him all with there own boats this wouldn't bother me. But when one player sails in, blocks my boats with over 20 boats alone.. well i think that's dumb a fix should be put out that doesn't allow a player to place more then 1 or 2 boats in the water at any given time.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/dv6ol.jpg

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Im sure he will wanna move his 20 boats before you need to move yours. If he is using 20 boats to block one.. well.. you win ;-) Because YOU are using ONE boat to block 20 ;-)

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Don't worry about this. Yoar isn't really good at anything but dying. When ship keys weren't blessed for those ten days back in May, Yoar was no where to be seen; as soon as they were blessed, boom, he's back at sea. If it isn't newbied or blessed, he isn't using it (aside maybe a handful of recall regs).

This tactic he uses (and he alone uses) is going to be worthless in January. Ships will be sinkable, and this strategy will cost him far more than it nets him. Either way, so much for his little FISH guild or whatever that garbage was, defending people against pirates. Looks like he's still up to his tired old tricks. Just wait him out - he doesn't have the constitution or the dedication to keep this up, and come the New Year, he won't have the manpower to protect all these stolen ships.

Yoar

Adept
Don't worry about this. Yoar isn't really good at anything but dying. When ship keys weren't blessed for those ten days back in May, Yoar was no where to be seen; as soon as they were blessed, boom, he's back at sea. If it isn't newbied or blessed, he isn't using it (aside maybe a handful of recall regs).

This tactic he uses (and he alone uses) is going to be worthless in January. Ships will be sinkable, and this strategy will cost him far more than it nets him. Either way, so much for his little FISH guild or whatever that garbage was, defending people against pirates. Looks like he's still up to his tired old tricks. Just wait him out - he doesn't have the constitution or the dedication to keep this up, and come the New Year, he won't have the manpower to protect all these stolen ships.

Did you forget I stole one of your boats? Oh and I hijacked a boat theft of your own.

You may have a whole crew backing you up, but you still suck.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
You looted a small ship (which we stole) from my corpse only because a week before the key to loot your ship and your buddies' ships were then blessed (after taking all those prizes at sea, our tactics had to change considerably when you could just keep recalling back onto your ship from your blessed key after being destroyed). As far as the other one goes, that was before drydocking kicked ghosts - which I should thank you for, since that little "event" got it so you can't ghost a ship anymore.

Every single tactic you've used to varying effects has been pathetic and relies on your proven strategy of dying over and over again, then using alts extensively. When you've pirated people at sea, we've killed you and recovered their loot and your own, statting your red alt that you multi-client PvP with. When your crew engaged us, we destroyed them - multiple times, even in the same fight. Your accomplishments hinge on blessed keys and undestroyable ships. Enjoy the blessed keys that you complain oh so very much about - without them, you wouldn't have anymore ships; they'd all belong to us.

halygon

Grandmaster
All I got to say is the dedication to use 20 boats to block one on a shard where boats are ridiculously priced is one of things you see that keeps this game great. Looks like they were even made into a design on the map?

Well played sir.. Well played.

The fact that this strategy will not work in the future does not diminish the creativity of it for now.

Yoar

Adept
Well, I'm going to have to let you go, LittleStapes.

Eventhough you deceived me twice and raped me with a bunch of dragons:

LittleStaples.jpg

I know that I won't get your boat. :(

Well done, you lying prick, you are free to go.

You can keep the nets.

LittleStaples2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jyscal

Neophyte
All I got to say is the dedication to use 20 boats to block one on a shard where boats are ridiculously priced is one of things you see that keeps this game great. Looks like they were even made into a design on the map?

Well played sir.. Well played.

The fact that this strategy will not work in the future does not diminish the creativity of it for now.

i agree this is awesome

QFT Halygon

That's awesome lol. What I wanna know is how exactly did he outskill you with 20 boats...? You don't know how to move your boat? Or... you were AFK? If that's the case, that's your own damn fault.. so quit crying and trying to ruin UO for other people. You are just mad someone used UO mechanics to their benefit and you got owned.

Don't try and come here and restrict other peoples' game play and propose nerfs. That's just lame dude. This was you huh?