Sheivans Suggestions for a better UOF :]

Metalhead-

Master
I think the point is to curb more and more additions of items not so much say we will becomes item based. I think reincorporating mount fatigue is good enough. I'd even be ok with ethys having fatigue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO123

Apprentice
Fatigue is sufficient. Bolas will make Red gimp squads even gimpier. The lead guy will run in with a precast bola and target closest blue for the win. Lol

Fatigue is sufficient. Bolas will make Red gimp squads even gimpier. The lead guy will run in with a precast bola and target closest blue for the win. Lol

How is that any different to doing it with ebolt?

Target closest needs to go, period.

halygon

Grandmaster
Target closest needs to go, period.
Dude, it's BUILT into the UO client. Razor and UOSteam only duplicate the same function.

Check your UO macro options under the client options. It's part of the game not something thought up by 3rd party app devs. Players should hardly ever need to manually target another player in pvp.

Dude, it's BUILT into the UO client. Razor and UOSteam only duplicate the same function.

Check your UO macro options under the client options. It's part of the game not something thought up by 3rd party app devs. Players should hardly ever need to manually target another player in pvp.

I'm too lazy to look.. target closest innocent/murderer/humanoid is built into the client?

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm too lazy to look.. target closest innocent/murderer/humanoid is built into the client?
Yeah it's labeled select nearest then you use the attackselectedtarget option to attack em or last target to drop a spell. Surprising what's out there but forgotten, eh?

halygon

Grandmaster
Potions, trapped pouches, orange petals, runebooks (about fifty for cut-off locations because of all the goddamn running on this server), an entire keg for explosion potions for chasing (because let's face it, that's how you actually do meaningful damage on this shard without a stun dump), ethereal horse (because if you die on a mortal you're gonna' have a bad time getting back into the fight)...

I mean seriously, tell me again how bolas will make it item-based PvP where everything else above has not.
Personally I'd rather be bola'd than stunned. Bolas only have a bad name because of bola tamers. Bola tamers would have a hard time keeping up when they cannot remount.

With bolas, at least dexxors would then have a chance to stop a running Mage.

CO123

Apprentice
The issue with Bola's isn't 1v1. It is the additional unbalance that it would create with vile murderers.

halygon

Grandmaster
The issue with Bola's isn't 1v1. It is the additional unbalance that it would create with vile murderers.
It's really a non issue without bola tamers. Like I said, stun (and paralyzingly blow) is more dangerous in reality. You can still run around and eventually(3sec?) get mounted again.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Potions, trapped pouches, orange petals, runebooks (about fifty for cut-off locations because of all the goddamn running on this server), an entire keg for explosion potions for chasing (because let's face it, that's how you actually do meaningful damage on this shard without a stun dump), ethereal horse (because if you die on a mortal you're gonna' have a bad time getting back into the fight)...

I mean seriously, tell me again how bolas will make it item-based PvP where everything else above has not.

Exactly. It's already too item-based for many people's tastes (including me). Why make it worse?

Whoever stated that bolas will become essential to carry in the pack is absolutely right.

I can't for the life of me understand why bolas would be considered before the implementation of some kind of stamina loss system. First try out stam loss. Then re-assess and decide whether some kind of "slow" is still necessary to improve gameplay.

CO123

Apprentice
It's really a non issue without bola tamers. Like I said, stun (and paralyzingly blow) is more dangerous in reality. You can still run around and eventually(3sec?) get mounted again.

How can you logically suggest that an item that dismounts you from 12 tiles away is anything remotely close to a stun punch or a para blow which requires a person to be right next to you?

halygon

Grandmaster
How can you logically suggest that an item that dismounts you from 12 tiles away is anything remotely close to a stun punch or a para blow which requires a person to be right next to you?
Because I can still run and get back on my mount. I can still run after that Mage casting on me. I can run through a gate if I need to. Stun/para and you are ganked.

The biggest thing about bolas and why they will never be implemented on UO:F is not how they would affect pvp, but how they would affect the donation store. Who wants an ethy when a bola keeps you on foot through a whole fight. Ethys are easily the biggest money maker for UO:F.

CO123

Apprentice
You must be ! or POWER halygon. There is no hope for you in a dungeon against 11 pks when they get a bola hit on you. You may get a recall off, not everyone has that luxury.