1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheep Wool respawn timer?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Trade Skills' started by halv, Feb 9, 2017.

1. halv

halv Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    How long is the respawn timer for the sheep wool? I checked every hour but they are still naked.
    Is it better to kill them and wait for respawn the sheep himself?

2. Dewderonomy

Dewderonomy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Brandon Van Raily
    I always killed 'em, moved to another town, did the same, and by the time I made my loop they seemed to be back. Hit Skara Brae, Jhelom, Trinsic and Yew, I believe. What do you need cloth for? If it's bandages, hit me up. I have like 60K.

2 people like this.
  3. halv

halv Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Bodia
    Tobse
    Yeah, it's almost my tour. Yew, Skara, Moonglow fields, and back. Got some cotton and flax spot too.
    I finally decided to make a tailor, just for fun. But i don't want to invest gold. I'm saving for my next relics.

But it must be a very long timer, like hours, for the normal wool respawn on sheeps. Doesn't make sense to me. Now i've to kill this harmless creatures. :D

2 people like this.
  4. Sparty

Sparty Member

Jun 19, 2013
    I tried to figure it out a few months ago and gave up after they were still naked 4 hours later...

2 people like this.
  5. Kantalope

Kantalope Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Wouldn't it be significantly better to just farm for the 15 minutes that it would take you to shear, and buy 20x as much cloth? You're spending time either way, whether it be to earn wool or gold, and the gold seems like the better option.

2 people like this.
  6. Tahuk

Tahuk Active Member

Aug 29, 2016
    maybe it grows back and someone gets the wool before you visit the sheep again

7. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    better kill them i think they dont respam because of afk farmers

8. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer

Well yeah, but it's basically the same for every resource in the game. Why would anyone mine, i can get 10x more gold with my tamer than i'd ever make selling ingots. Or killing stuff for leather. Or crafting armour. Or cutting trees for logs

I guess some people like the resource gathering/crafting/selling aspect of the game

wkstrm likes this.
  9. halygon

halygon Moderator Staff Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Its been a while, but i think its every 30 min.

Its easier for new players to resource gather for money than farm with decked out characters. Eventually though, most people move to farming once they have a more mature character set.

Then again, some ppl love gathering for some reason.

wkstrm likes this.
  10. PerrinBlackbow

PerrinBlackbow Member

May 11, 2017
    Perrin Blackbow
    Dakkon Blackbow
    Darg Blackbow
    Gecko Blackbow
  11. wkstrm

wkstrm Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Resource gathering is kind of relaxing. Double click pickaxe, click ground, rinse and repeat until you've drained the post. Move a couple of steps. Rince and repeat. Gaming can be for recreational purposes! ;)

lollo likes this.
  12. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    It's all about maxing your IPS (ingots per seconds). Mining is such a trill. It's continously challanging yourself to improve.

halygon likes this.