Set last target while holding spell cursor and target closest any humanoid

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I'm having two issues with Steam that I'd like to know if they're possible to get fixed.

First issue is that I cannot use my "set last target" hot key while holding a spell cursor. If I set last target while holding a spell cursor, it says that the target was set to last, and the cursor remains up, but when I actually hit my last target hot key, the cursor simply drops and nothing happens.

I could have sworn this was possible in razor, and I know it works in sallos, so I'd be very surprised to hear that there's no way around this issue in steam. Any ideas? I've already tried with and without queue target, and also with and without smart target and so far nothing has worked.

The second thing I'd like to know if it's possible is one hot key that will target the closest humanoid, whether they are blue/red/orange/grey. I know you can set individual hot keys for each of these, but is it possible to make a macro that I can bind to one hot key that will do this?

Lastly, (and this one is just out of curiosity) what's the difference between "target closest" and "target nearest" ??? seems like the exact same thing to me... Could not find any distinction between the two searching the web...

DingDong

Master
Try getenemy/getfriend setenemy/setfriend for get a last target
example:
getenemy 'criminal' 'gray' 'murderer' 'closest' (This goes for both mobs, ncp and players, put in 'humanoid' for just get players)

For target any color try this
getenemy 'any' 'humanoid' or
getfriend 'any' 'humanoid'

Also wonders about nearest and closest :D

I hope this was something similar to what you were looking for.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Try getenemy/getfriend setenemy/setfriend for get a last target
example:
getenemy 'criminal' 'gray' 'murderer' 'closest' (This goes for both mobs, ncp and players, put in 'humanoid' for just get players)

For target any color try this
getenemy 'any' 'humanoid' or
getfriend 'any' 'humanoid'

Also wonders about nearest and closest :D

I hope this was something similar to what you were looking for.

I don't think the "getenemy/getfriend set enemy/setfriend" is quite what I'm looking for, but the second thing is exactly what I needed, just with 'closest' added

So target any color humanoid is "getenemy 'closest' 'any' 'humanoid'" works great thanks :D

GoBackToGo

Neophyte
i just noticed the same thing when tying to set target while a cursor is up. did you find any way to fix it?

difference between closest and nearest is that one of them cycles through the 2 closest ones, while the other only gets the closest. forgot which is which.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
i just noticed the same thing when tying to set target while a cursor is up. did you find any way to fix it?

difference between closest and nearest is that one of them cycles through the 2 closest ones, while the other only gets the closest. forgot which is which.

sadly I have not found a fix for this yet. I'm gonna log in just to play around with the settings though and see if I figure anything out. Interesting to know about the target closest and target nearest. I wonder why they wouldn't call it something more specific, like "cycle closest" or something.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster

I've tried everything I can think of. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with target queue, friends list, smart target, whether the last target hotkey is set in UO client or Steam, which key it is binded to, if it's passed to UO or not, or any of the other settings in Steam. I just can't figure it out. Seems like there is no way to get around it.

I found an old thread where someone else was having the same problem, and I asked them if they were ever able to resolve it, but that's my last shot and I'm not hopeful about it.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/uos-target-help.55822/