SERVER WARS

Derwolf

Grandmaster
why don't we have server wars on this server? I speak for many when i say it should be implemented. Server wars really gives a chance for noobies to try pvp without fear of losing anything. Server Wars is what originally got me into the pvp scene when i first played UO. plus @Athrez can use his leet val war hammer and anyone else with crazy leet pvp gear. It would be nice to use high end pvp gear that only gets busted out for pvp events and i really want to partake in a massive free for all at WBB.

@Shane @Adam @halygon @Skye Wolfbane @JoeB @eppy

Winstonian

Grandmaster
It would be pretty awesome. Once per day, allow players to join a battleground where they just brawl for a set period of time (20-30 minutes). Loot cannot be lost or gained, and healers are scattered through the area.

It definitely would encourage players to jump into PvP.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Isn't CTF already like that?

it's true that CTF is the solution for the problems presented by the OP.

Serverwars would still be nice in some other ways like so that people could check to see how big their plot really is without fear of losing it, etc.

I don't think many would like daily server shutdowns shutting off their macros though, maybe a poll is a good idea to see if people would prefer weekly or bi-monthly or daily serverwars before proposing it saying that the majority want such and such

Winstonian

Grandmaster
it's true that CTF is the solution for the problems presented by the OP.

Serverwars would still be nice in some other ways like so that people could check to see how big their plot really is without fear of losing it, etc.

I don't think many would like daily server shutdowns shutting off their macros though, maybe a poll is a good idea to see if people would prefer weekly or bi-monthly or daily serverwars before proposing it saying that the majority want such and such
You could have the concept of server wars without actually shutting down the server and forcing everyone to participate. He also didn't say that the majority wanted it, but that many do... which is something he found out during a different conversation.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
With respect, no its not even close... the concept is similar in that you PvP without fear of losing stuff, but the chaos and anarchy of server wars is just awesome.
Great point was made that this is how many ppl engage in PvP their first time, me included! And the ability to test out things without fear, aka checking to see if your house can mayyyybe be one tile bigger, is invaluable.
Daily server wars would probably be a bit too intrusive, but a set weekly time (Friday night to blow off weekday steam!) would probably be the right balance for this concept.
Love it! Lets do it!

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Server wars is basically where, after a certain sys msg, the period of time after that and before server restart was not going to be saved aka do whatcha want without the consequences.. murder on ur blue, drop 1 mil checks at WBB like a boss, PvP anyone anywhere just cos, put on yer finest gear and go have fun, and lets not forget completely dropping a fully furnished 18x18 to see what ur house looks like without the house :p

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Or......ZOMBIIIIIEEEESSSSSS!

They did server wars on uoforever I think. I didn't really play there but popped over a couple nights with a friend. They would get like weird crazy weapons and skills and then they poofed when it was over. Seemed fun. Kind of like the King of the Hill concept but they did it in Brit mostly. I don't think it would hurt anything. Be just another event.

Derwolf

Grandmaster

nah ctf bunch of homos in 128 ar running scribe heal parry mages. CTF got old for me tbh, i thought king of the hill was sick.

also i think if you did have server wars this would reset this sever more often wiping items and would help with latency issues. God knows everyone west of the Colorado River pings 200+

Staff can make posts when they are about to have server wars or just have it one day week. When the only pvp events that go on are ctf and duel tourneys it gets old fast. It would be awesome if we had Server Wars, there'd be no tripping on event points and that means less post from trammies crying about their bloodstain cloaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winstonian

Grandmaster
like what, item insurance? what exactly is it that you people want??
No. Like an event that happens at a certain time, for a certain period of time, that allows players who decide to participate to act without their actions saving. I guarantee it would be a huge hit.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Not in the ways people clearly want.

I don't see the resistance in adding another medium that gets players PvPing.

You could always run a poll and get some facts to go along with what you're saying.

Personally I think that the battle system combined with the test server is more than enough to satisfy the majority.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
You could always run a poll and get some facts to go along with what you're saying.

Personally I think that the battle system combined with the test server is more than enough to satisfy the majority.
What facts? That people would be interested in this? Read through this thread.