Server stability

Don Key

Master
Is this recent string of crashes and/or reboots normal?

I am aware that a lot of the server reboots were because of the battles tourney with updates and what not. But there have been quite a few sudden reboots, and some crashes with no warnings at all. With the surge in new players joining, this could be a problem.

Staff

Young Player Help
There was 1 or 2 crashes when I reimplemented conquests, which is a huge system that underwent a fundamental change. We do update often at UO but there are for sure periods of time where weeks go by without a update/restart.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Can I officially start paying attention to conquests now then? I've seen the notifications but am ignoring them thinking it might go back down again

halygon

Grandmaster
There was 1 or 2 crashes when I reimplemented conquests, which is a huge system that underwent a fundamental change. We do update often at UO but there are for sure periods of time where weeks go by without a update/restart.
Are these changes announced anywhere?

Staff

Young Player Help
Are these changes announced anywhere?

No, but it should be pretty apparent that conquests are now account wide instead of character wide. Honestly, I have been too busy and stressed to keep up with the little things like patch notes. I've got the battles tournament, insurance claim I am getting fucked on, first baby on the way and all the other shit that sucks when you become a grown up. I'm going to do some patch notes today to fill people in.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
No, but it should be pretty apparent that conquests are now account wide instead of character wide. Honestly, I have been too busy and stressed to keep up with the little things like patch notes. I've got the battles tournament, insurance claim I am getting fucked on, first baby on the way and all the other shit that sucks when you become a grown up. I'm going to do some patch notes today to fill people in.
Life. The only thing better than uo. (Unless a zombie event is running).

Congrats on first. Prepare for some hard core pvp (poop versus person).

halygon

Grandmaster
That's cool man -- whenever you get time to write it up.

Being a grown-up does suck, but keep in mind that that first baby will not only make you forget about your other worries but also become your biggest worry. My first is now 10 months old and still takes up most of my time.

Take it easy and don't get burned out.