Semi-Implemented Features

Staff

Young Player Help
But not shields? So Shields only work for Parry?

Code:
                if (armor != null)
                {
                    damage = armor.OnHit(this, attacker, damage);
                }

shield = defender.FindItemOnLayer(Layer.TwoHanded) as BaseShield;
                if (shield != null)
                {
                    damage = shield.OnHit(this, attacker, damage);
                }

An invul heater shield can potentially provide another ~20 in damage reduction.

Staff

Young Player Help
If anyone has any suggestions for craftable brew, let me know. An example of craftable brew would be:

Moonglow Mead
Ingredients: 2 years, 2 honey, 2 nightshade

The special brews can do neat effects you can think of. Transform your character, shoot out a wave of flamestrikes..that kind of stuff. They can also use rare ingredients ie, special bottles or rare reagents that can go on mobs.

Fireball Tequila!
1 baby scorpion (possible ingredient drop off of scorpions?), 5 Sulfurous Ash, 2 Honey, Water, and an ingredient dropped from a plant (new blue agave plant;) )
After you have the shot you burp up flame strikes for 2mins.

Could also tie something into it where if you brew up 10 of the different special brews you get a "Brew master" title!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
wut if you could use the plants from the plant system as ingredients maybe? would bring some purpose to that system

halygon

Grandmaster
I haven't pushed and restarted for the reflect changes.

Regarding armor, here is what I found with some digging. Armor is indeed based off of single pieces determined by a roll:

Code:
                if (chance < 0.07)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.NeckArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.14)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.HandArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.28)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.ArmsArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.42)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.HeadArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.56)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.LegsArmor;
                }
                else
                {
                    armorItem = defender.ChestArmor;
                }

var armor = armorItem as IWearableDurability;

if (armor != null)
                {
                }

So, it appears that the armor piece that is chosen determines the amount that is deducted from the total damage. It gets even better though:

Code:
            if (!attacker.Player)
            {
                halfAR = ArmorRatingScaled(attacker) / 1.5;
            }
            else
            {
                halfAR = ArmorRatingScaled(attacker) / 2.0;
            }
            // absorb between 0.5 and 1.0 of halfAR's value
            var absorbed = (int)(halfAR + (halfAR * Utility.RandomDouble()));

What this does is take the armor piece that is chosen and then divides it by 2 in pvp. The scalar itself is determined by some convoluted code. The last line speaks for itself.

So, my interpretation of the code is this: say your invul plate chest is hit (which I believe provides the highest AR). Your invul plate chest provides a base AR of 26. This is then given to the onhit function of the armor.

By the code, we see that our AR is instantly calculated to provide a base negation of 13 damage. In the worst case, the chest will negate 13 damage and in the best case, it will negate ~20 damage. There is a high probability that your chest piece is chosen when determining the damage negation (44%).

I wrote in some checks to see how much damage was being negated with a full invul plate set and an exceptional warhammer. I did not notice my negated damage ever go over 21, which is in line with what I stated above. So, it is entirely possible to have a wide variation in damage based off of how armor is calculated here. If your invul plate gorget is hit, you could negate only 1-3 damage. Combine this with a max hit, crushing blow from a war hammer and you are looking at a 50+ hit easily.

I would have to say that over approximately 20 minutes of testing, my average damage negated with full invul plate was 9-12 per hit.

If anyone can give me a detailed write up on how armor is supposed to work in this era, let me know and maybe we can work something out regarding armor.

It appears that your total AR doesn't matter at all, only individual pieces. Technically speaking for most hits, having nothing on but an invul plate chest will do the same damage reduction as a full suit of invul armor. Why does this not sound correct! On the other hand, I could have a full invul suit (minus the chest) and a NPC bought plate chest and be beaten down by every dexxor/mob out there.

In my mind, I would think that the damage taken by a player would be dependent upon the total AR of a player and the amount of damage taken to a piece of armor would be dependent upon the roll of which armor piece was hit and it's specific stats.

Speaking of the code itself, it appears it is bias towards the lower AR items by listing them first (obviously they are in order of percent chance). The code ALWAYS gives the smallest pieces such as the gorget the first chance to take the hit. I don't know the code so I cannot possibly suggest a different method as I can only assume that the "chance" is calculated once and then it is run down the gamut of "if-else" statements till it hits a match.

Also, is hit chance not reduced at all by higher armor, or is it only damage that is reduced?

halygon

Grandmaster
On further thought, If I were to re-code it, I would probably do something along these lines:

Do a calculation of "chance", if it matches the first item on the if-else list, then choose that armor. If it does not match that range, then move to the next item and calculate the "chance" again. Keep on going till it hits the chest piece which is the catch-all. This way you can re-organize the armor pieces till you get a good balance.

But again, it still seems the total AR should come into play -- not just the individual armor pieces AR....

Lavos

Master
If anyone has any suggestions for craftable brew, let me know. An example of craftable brew would be:

Moonglow Mead
Ingredients: 2 years, 2 honey, 2 nightshade

The special brews can do neat effects you can think of. Transform your character, shoot out a wave of flamestrikes..that kind of stuff. They can also use rare ingredients ie, special bottles or rare reagents that can go on mobs.

Adam's Avatar Ale
Effect: Sends out wave of golden spell effect (similar to corpse devourer effect)
-Special bottle type from CTF reward (most damage/kills? mvp?)
-10x sulfurous ash
-2x hops
-4x sheaf of wheat

Meaty Mead
Effect: Alternating red and green spell effect around player
-20x cut of raw ribs
-20x raw chicken
-4x sheaf of wheat
-1x power crystal
-2x yeast

Nautical Amber Ale
Effect: Player will randomly say pirate phrases for a short duration
-10x petrified shells from whirlpool
-Special bottle type as rare drop from any monster in Grotto
-20x fish steak
-2x Yeast

Spooky Shandy
Effect: Transmogrifies player into specially hued wisp
-10x halloween candy
-5x lemons
-2x honey
-2x yeast

Blackthorn's Brew
Effect: Turns skin red until player dies
-2x daemon bone (old daily stealable rare making this a limited edition brew collectible)
-10x blood moss
-2x yeast
-2x sheaf of wheat

Skara Brae Breakfast Stout
Effect: Player is "full" and "satiated" for 24 hrs
-Special bottle from hedge maze monsters
-10x Black Pearl
-10x beeswax
-2x yeast
-4x pumpkins

Khaldun Sparkling Wine:
Effect: Transmogrify into hued skeleton with white/grey spell effect surrounding player
-Special bottle from Khaldun lockpicking chests
-2x bone
-2x yeast
-2x sheaf of wheat

Iron Brew
Effect: Raise mining ore type by one level for 10 minutes
-10x each color ingot
-2x powder of fortifying (from smithy BODs)
-2x yeast
-2x hops

Felurian's Floral Lager
Effect: Shoot out some sort of floral shaped spell effect
-2x Rose of Trinsic (rare ingredient from RDA monsters)
-2x Yeast
-2x Hops
-4x sheaf of wheat
-20x rubies

Trinsic Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
Effect: Shoots out bronze hued spell effect
-4x sheaf of wheat
-2x yeast
-2x hops
-1x "barrel" (currently a daily stealable rare)

Moonglow Shroom Kombucha
Effect: Some sort of psychdelic rainbow hue effect
-1 mushroom (Rare drop ingredient from new Covetous Dungeon level monsters)
-2x hops
-2x bottle of vinegar
-2x sack of sugar

Ilshenar Ice Wine
Effect: Freezes drinker in place and sends out spiraling waves of blue (like crafting slayer armor rune effect)
-10x bunch of grapes
-4x honey
-2x sack of sugar
-2x special ingredient from new Ice Dungeon level (ice crystal or something)
-20x sapphires

I might add some more brews later, hope some of these ideas are feasible! Thanks for the hard work on this system =D

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
So spell reflect works again hopefully? I'm tired of blues flagging on my blue to take off my spell and me unable to fight them back. Gargoyle alchys are broken and not dropping runes and some aren't even throwing pots/standing there stupidly until they die. @Adam

halygon

Grandmaster
So spell reflect works again hopefully? I'm tired of blues flagging on my blue to take off my spell and me unable to fight them back. Gargoyle alchys are broken and not dropping runes and some aren't even throwing pots/standing there stupidly until they die. @Adam
Blah - not you too.

But again, it still seems the total AR should come into play -- not just the individual armor pieces AR....

Why people could be seeing mass damage range could also that a lot of people wear full suits of barbed, but will have the head piece a bandana (or other non-AR item). Meaning every time it hits the headpiece you recieve full damage.

Ugh those leather caps are so ugly.

halygon

Grandmaster
Why people could be seeing mass damage range could also that a lot of people wear full suits of barbed, but will have the head piece a bandana (or other non-AR item). Meaning every time it hits the headpiece you recieve full damage.

Ugh those leather caps are so ugly.
Like I said it's kinda silly to take individual ar into account.. IMO

illusion

Master
Brewing is in but currently there is only one special ale to craft. I'll look at putting more in.

Can we get some "starter notes" with this? I'm dying to play with it! I ran around to different cooks, and tavern keepers to see if I could find anything to get started. Nothing seems to stand out, ran around different farms and such to find perhaps hops and barley on the ground, but nothing? Thanks!

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
Here's a classic beer recipe that has always fascinated me, but I'll never brew IRL. Would be a nice tribute to Charlie Papazian, a true homebrewing pioneer.

**** Ale:

Take 10 gallons of ale and a large ****, the older the better; parboil the ****, flay him, and stamp him in a stone mortar until his bones are broken (you must gut him when you flaw him). Then, put the **** into two quarts of sack, and put to it five pounds of raisins of the sun - stoned; some blades of mace, and a few cloves. Put all these into a canvas bag, and a little before you find the ale has been working, put the bag and ale together in vessel. In a week or nine days bottle it up, fill the bottle just above the neck and give it the same time to ripen as other ale.

Styles that would be great for brewing would be Finnish Sahti, Scottish Heather ales, Gruit, Kvass, Mead, Braggot, and we'll definitely need a strong Pirate Stout,

Staff

Young Player Help
Can we get some "starter notes" with this? I'm dying to play with it! I ran around to different cooks, and tavern keepers to see if I could find anything to get started. Nothing seems to stand out, ran around different farms and such to find perhaps hops and barley on the ground, but nothing? Thanks!

The vendor hasn't been spawned, neither have the crops. I'll throw some stuff up today. We have a lot of write-ups we need to do but no one who really wants to do them :D

illusion

Master
The vendor hasn't been spawned, neither have the crops. I'll throw some stuff up today. We have a lot of write-ups we need to do but no one who really wants to do them :D

If you add it let me know! I'm ready to start my brews!

rimmshot

Master
well i am a +1 for having melee damage check ALL of your AR not just one piece . Im not sure how to do it but it just seems to make since .

halygon

Grandmaster
I haven't pushed and restarted for the reflect changes.

Regarding armor, here is what I found with some digging. Armor is indeed based off of single pieces determined by a roll:

Code:
                if (chance < 0.07)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.NeckArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.14)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.HandArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.28)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.ArmsArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.42)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.HeadArmor;
                }
                else if (chance < 0.56)
                {
                    armorItem = defender.LegsArmor;
                }
                else
                {
                    armorItem = defender.ChestArmor;
                }

var armor = armorItem as IWearableDurability;

if (armor != null)
                {
                }

So, it appears that the armor piece that is chosen determines the amount that is deducted from the total damage. It gets even better though:

Code:
            if (!attacker.Player)
            {
                halfAR = ArmorRatingScaled(attacker) / 1.5;
            }
            else
            {
                halfAR = ArmorRatingScaled(attacker) / 2.0;
            }
            // absorb between 0.5 and 1.0 of halfAR's value
            var absorbed = (int)(halfAR + (halfAR * Utility.RandomDouble()));

What this does is take the armor piece that is chosen and then divides it by 2 in pvp. The scalar itself is determined by some convoluted code. The last line speaks for itself.

So, my interpretation of the code is this: say your invul plate chest is hit (which I believe provides the highest AR). Your invul plate chest provides a base AR of 26. This is then given to the onhit function of the armor.

By the code, we see that our AR is instantly calculated to provide a base negation of 13 damage. In the worst case, the chest will negate 13 damage and in the best case, it will negate ~20 damage. There is a high probability that your chest piece is chosen when determining the damage negation (44%).

I wrote in some checks to see how much damage was being negated with a full invul plate set and an exceptional warhammer. I did not notice my negated damage ever go over 21, which is in line with what I stated above. So, it is entirely possible to have a wide variation in damage based off of how armor is calculated here. If your invul plate gorget is hit, you could negate only 1-3 damage. Combine this with a max hit, crushing blow from a war hammer and you are looking at a 50+ hit easily.

I would have to say that over approximately 20 minutes of testing, my average damage negated with full invul plate was 9-12 per hit.

If anyone can give me a detailed write up on how armor is supposed to work in this era, let me know and maybe we can work something out regarding armor.

I know this is an old thread, but I finally saw where the correct armor percentages were online, so I wanted to post them as they are definately different than these. Note: These should be accurrate as of 8/2001

Hit Location %
Body 44%
Arms 14%
Head 14%
Legs/Feet 14%
Neck 7%
Hands 7%

https://web.archive.org/web/20010801153304/http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.shtml

Staff

Young Player Help
I know this is an old thread, but I finally saw where the correct armor percentages were online, so I wanted to post them as they are definately different than these. Note: These should be accurrate as of 8/2001

Hit Location %
Body 44%
Arms 14%
Head 14%
Legs/Feet 14%
Neck 7%
Hands 7%

https://web.archive.org/web/20010801153304/http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.shtml

It equates to the same thing, doesn't it?
The current algorithm accounts for 100% and goes through the values you listed but as a cumulative chance. I'm not sure what a better algorithm would be.

What about a subtractive formula? Say we have 100% and it looks something like:

Code:
if (chance < 44%)
  armor = defender.chestarmor
else
  chance -= 44%

and so on. Or will this just give us the same outcome? I'll try both formulas on my local and let you know.

Last edited by a moderator: