Selling An Ancient Smithing Hammer Shard

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
We did a RDA and got one... Only 1 dropped. Took 45 mkns with 4 tamers I think. And a Provo.

Legendary blacksmith maybe pointless then for the cost?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't think anyone knows what they're worth until more people have had a chance to farm them up and see how frequently they drop. And thennn you gotta factor in what you can actually do with them once a few have been assembled.

Too soon to tell. Sit on it for a bit and watch for others on forums.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I generally accuse everyone of over charging on this server so I try not to say anything to raise a price. But do not sell that shard for less then 100 k. Trust me... Slayer.armor is still a while away. But its gunna.be super expensive. And that hammer is going.to be rediculously valued.

Is hold the shard for a month si u can create a market.

People still.have to get their tinkering up.

A hammer is gunna be worth 5 mil without a doubt. So a shard is prolly 500k.

Don't mess up on expansion day.

Hold that shit for a month

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Still fail to see how shit's going to be that expensive, especially for items that if you die/dc/lag out, you lose if you go out there with.
Much like "The Cure" from the zombie event. no one's gonna use it, it's pmuch deco.

Don't understand how people don't factor this in... One fuck-up, and you're out shit loads.

mogdurok

Novice
I doubt that the shard will be worth anywhere near 500k. Nihilism is right, those slayer amours are nice, but they aren't blessed so people will either not wear them to the field or only wear them if they don't cost an arm and a leg. This means the demand will set the market for the price of the slayer amours (users unwilling to spend huge amount to risk losing it), therefore, the smith hammer price will also not be super high. Plus, shards will be more common as the expansion rolls out, so I'd say that the prices are going to find its groove and then drop. Don't expect to sell each shard for too much.

Harken110

Expert
Still fail to see how shit's going to be that expensive, especially for items that if you die/dc/lag out, you lose if you go out there with.
Much like "The Cure" from the zombie event. no one's gonna use it, it's pmuch deco.

Don't understand how people don't factor this in... One fuck-up, and you're out shit loads.

I agree If it costs too much or takes too much time to get the hammer then you need 120 blacksmithing + 120 Tinkering and btw does the hammer have charges? If so then yeah slayer armor could be useless.

Bromista

Grandmaster
But what if the hammer has 600 charges like an ASH?

All we can do is speculate. And all a person holding hammer shards can do is jump the gun.

Do not jump the gun.

The first hammer pieced together will not be done with bought shards. It will be farmed. People aren't just going to be slinging shards around because of the uncertainty.

I mean look at this shit, kooza bumped his thread twice in 23 minutes. He's clearly very impatient.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Isn't the hammer used for special recipes that will give deco rare like a well, etc., like Shane said on IRC? If so, the items you can make will be valued a lot.

Lotus

Master
I'm guessing after you gather all the shards and put it together right you can only use it a few times. Otherwise you could be pumping out items non stop.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
The armor is gunna be 250k a set min. And ill buy it for that.
The hammer is blessed. And u still have to farm runes and recipe.

The crafted items off the hammer will be million dollar items. All the rare gold dump items.

Bottom line the hammer is going to make you over 100 million and if your one of the first people to get it... 200 million no doubt.

But keep in mind these guys not only have to buy all the tinkering powerscrolls, level it to 120. Already have 120 Bs. Which is expensive. Skillscrolls to level it up... Obtain all 10 shards.

They still gotta get the matz to.make.the shit.

Look its yalls money. Or shard do what u want.with it...
But I've been playing mmos since 1995 on the uo beta.
And in my humble opinion as a gamer. Hold on to that shard...
Don't even sell it for 3 weeks. Then when u get the price I'm talking about. Come back and give.me a 5% cut