Selecting my current target

Nightember

Neophyte
Hey, so im fairly new, and havent yet gotten familiar with creating my own macros, so im looking for some assistance.

im interested in a macro that would basically auto select my current target so that i may hotkey the function, instead of having to double click on my opponent in high stress situations. ive already got a hot key to target my enemy and am satisfied with how that works, but id like to also be able to select that target with the same ease. when i say select, im not sure if thats the actual term, but i mean place that little target thing around him, and bring up the hit/mana/stamina thingy for my target, that way i can cast spells on him simply by clicking on that versus having to double click the actual npc while they try to run or whatever.

i havent been able to make that function work through steam, and the closest i could get with the ingame macro options is "selectnearest, mobile" which is not always the same as my actual target, so if anyone knows how i could actually do this correctly, or can provide me with a steam macro script that i could hot key to do this, id very much appreciate it :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'm sure someone will reply before I get home tonight, but I'll post it when I can check my settings, it's been too long..

basically you are looking for the get target functions - to select a target, nearest, closest, next... whichever you want, and then there's an attack target option somewhere in the hot keys.. I can outline it properly when home in 3 hours though!

Nightember

Neophyte
thanks for your reply man, but not quite. ive got that part figured out, the difference is, when using the get and attack target functions, it targets them, allowing me to attack them, but it just brings up their little hp bar under the npc it self, i want it to put the box around them and bring up the hp/mana/stam bars on the left of the screen. basically i want it to do what happens when you double click the target versus what happens when you just single click the target, if that makes sense. i can take screen shots to help specify if im still not explaining this right ^_^;

Nightember

Neophyte
basically the get function that ialready have set up and am satisfied with does this
04_19_2018_14_57_37.jpg

and what id like to do is make a seperate hot key that would take that target and do this
04_19_2018_14_57_43.jpg

the closest ive been able to do that is using the ingame macro function to selectnearest mobile, while the fist img is done by using a hotget for "target->get->enemy->closest->non-friendly" and if that target is not the same as the closest mobile, or my target is not currently mobile, they dont work together and it either selects a different enemy or doesnt select anything at all, which is why id like to simply make it select whatever my actual current target is. make a bit more sense now? :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
oh you can't pull health bars with steam in that fashion - there is no auto feature for it

I thought you were talking about actually attacking the target instead of having to double click them.

Nightember

Neophyte
Oh ok, seei was starting to think that was the case. I figured as muchwhe it came to a hot key,but was curious if i could work around that with a macro script. Well fortunately the selectnearest mobile function in the actual client works well enough for me that i i c work with it. So ill be good,but thanks for your imput, itll put that nagging OCD part of my brain that keeps saying "but there might be a better way" to rest hahaha