1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sallos administration permissions question

Discussion in 'Client & Server Issues' started by Mexicali, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Mexicali

Mexicali New Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Mexicali, La Plaga
    Hey guys, I'm having tremendous difficulty just trying to unzip the sallos client. I am running winzip in administrator, but when I hit extract, it gives me the error: Access is denied. Cannont create. blahblahblah Administrative privileges may be required.

I have disabled antivirus and made exceptions to its path. I've double checked permissions and like I said, run the winzip as admin. I'm running windows 10. The weird thing is, I managed to extract it earlier and even had the client opened. I forgot to add an exception in my antivirus for the new location, and it quarantined it, so I had to try and start the whole process over again, and now I can't get it for the life of me. I have zero idea why, or even how it worked once and now won't again.

Any help, explained in detail, would be great. I'm an average user, not a guru. What am I missing?

UPDATE: Used 7zip program with no issues. Maybe it's a winzip thing.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    You should be able to restore the orogram from quarantine. there is usually an option in your antivirus' menu.