Routing Problem ISP

Hanebu

Master
Hello everyone,

I have no idea what to do so I'm asking here.
Since yesterday my ISP in germany has routing problems.

This is what I checked:

* ping login.uoforever.com - Timeout!
* tracert login.uoforever.com or IP - Working until a point in USA then timeout.

Called some friends who have the same ISP like me - same problem. 3 diffrent PCs and houses, same issue.
Friend with other ISP - no problems, everything is working.

I found the problem:
The connection gets interrupted at "border2.te4-1-bbnet2.dal006.pnap.net" (INTERNAP)
My ISP (Kabel-BW) in germany has no rerouting for this one. If I try it with Telekom ISP I will get
redirected and everything is working.

Now, what should I do?

I would call the support of the german ISP, but there are complety incompetent and ********.
All they said is to check websites like google, if this is working its not their fault...

I need help please :-/

halygon

Grandmaster
It should fix itself. DNS servers will reconnect to each other and find the fastest route. When talking about overseas transferrs, there are only a handful of routes your packets can take.

I would say it will probably sort itself out within 12-36 hours of when you initially saw this.

Hanebu

Master
It should fix itself. DNS servers will reconnect to each other and find the fastest route. When talking about overseas transferrs, there are only a handful of routes your packets can take.

I would say it will probably sort itself out within 12-36 hours of when you initially saw this.

You where right. I messaged the support of Internap, they said they will look into this. About one hour later it was working again!

halygon

Grandmaster
You where right. I messaged the support of Internap, they said they will look into this. About one hour later it was working again!
Good to hear.

I had to explain to my clients overseas at my old job. It is common for the routes over the oceans to become congested because of the lack of alternative routes. More than likely a DNS server was taken down and your current DNS server hadn't figured out the best path yet, which means that it just selected "a" path -- not the best one.