Revitalizing old / useless skills?

[Legato]

Master
There are so many unused skills available on the server that I think we could make use of

Spirit speak, mysticism, imbuing, hell...even camping

Has the staff ever commented on bringing life back into these completely unused skills?

I'm sure the player-base could come up with some awesome ideas to tweak these skills to fit UO:F

kmotion

Apprentice
useless skills are exactly what they sound like- useless skills.
not much sense in changing the mechanics and purpose of the skills, and still keep the old names. if you're going to go that far, just create new skills with new names. :D

just my 2cents

[Legato]

Master
I meant find new ways to add value to old skills while keeping with the same theme of it.

There was a good suggestion for spirit speaking the other day, and several others for other useless skills that still held the basic theme of what it represented. I'm just looking for ways to create new templates

Weland

Grandmaster
Food cooked from a camping fire has a chance of SLAYER food!!!!!! No but you could give them a chance to add stats like potions. Beef cutlet of agility o_O

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
I agree with the theory behind this, there are many skills which could become more useful if we make efforts to utilize them in a fun new way. Slayer food would be hilarious but probably impractical.. but thats the idea and no suggestion is a bad one!
GM Begging = Greater Chance for NPC-specific quests?
GM Mysticism = DBL Med ;-)
GM Necromancy = Summon Diff Creatures
GM Herding = Title Scroll 'WBB Shepherd'

[Legato]

Master
I agree with the theory behind this, there are many skills which could become more useful if we make efforts to utilize them in a fun new way. Slayer food would be hilarious but probably impractical.. but thats the idea and no suggestion is a bad one!
GM Begging = Greater Chance for NPC-specific quests?
GM Mysticism = DBL Med ;-)
GM Necromancy = Summon Diff Creatures
GM Herding = Title Scroll 'WBB Shepherd'

Exactly. Thats the ideas that im talking about. Still inline with what the skill represents, yet a new twist that opens up some awesome pvp , pvm, or crafting templates.

Id also love to see the NPC guilds become useful similar to how the thieves guild is useful and required. Right now the thieves guild is the only one required, which is fine, but if we could add in some unique requirements and/or abilities if you join another NPC guild, that would add some flavor.

Maybe have each NPC guild require 100-120 skill to join. The process to join might be a type of conquest where you have to complete a handful of things. Once youre in, maybe you get access to new recipes, additional related quests, or other things.

The bottom line is lets make some of this unused shit useful again!!

Weland

Grandmaster
Herding could have a similar thing as taming, except it only works on certain animals like sheep. So instead of tamed it would say "Herded" but would take up a taming slot so you could have sheep or other wool producing animals in your stables. The benefit of herded animals......they get a buff that causes them to generate wool at a faster rate reducing time between harvests by 25, 50, etc %.

Herding can also be used for monsters, kinda like peacemaking. It will put them in a non aggressive follow for 30 secs (1min) whatever, and every monster takes up 1 slot. Some guild make ya mad....herd up 5 bringers of pain and dump then on their doorstep. Just some idears!