Revert Inscription Slayer Book Crafting Chance

Ludwig

Grandmaster
I'm guessing slayer books were included in the recent slayer deed introduction where the chance to craft slayers was essentially cut in half for weapons. Before the slayer deed patch, I'd usually see a slayer book every 400~ scrolls, now it's more like 1200~. At 4-5g per blank scroll, this is a bit ridiculous considering you're still at the mercy of RNG. A meta dexer carries a 12k weapon and a mage carries a 45k book? That's where the prices are headed.

I don't see a need for Inscription slayer deeds. I don't even know if this change was deliberate/brought to the attention of staff.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'd say you were incredibly lucky at 400 scrolls, at a 2.5% chance for a slayer, it's about 800 scrolls per slayer book on average. I haven't noticed a chance in my slayer runs, in fact RNG has been with me, and I've been getting about 4-6 books per 2k scrolls, where I was getting 1-2 books per 2k scrolls. but that's RNG for you..

My biggest gripe is where the market currently is, only slayers and a small handful of lessers are actually selling, and when you consider, 800 scrolls costs you 4k for a single slayer, and only 40% of them actually sell at all, it really is a losing venture trying to run a spell book vendor.

But i concur, increase the drop rate!

Ludwig

Grandmaster
I'd say you were incredibly lucky at 400 scrolls, at a 2.5% chance for a slayer, it's about 800 scrolls per slayer book on average. I haven't noticed a chance in my slayer runs, in fact RNG has been with me, and I've been getting about 4-6 books per 2k scrolls, where I was getting 1-2 books per 2k scrolls. but that's RNG for you..

My biggest gripe is where the market currently is, only slayers and a small handful of lessers are actually selling, and when you consider, 800 scrolls costs you 4k for a single slayer, and only 40% of them actually sell at all, it really is a losing venture trying to run a spell book vendor.

But i concur, increase the drop rate!

Or a way to recycle lesser slayers....

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
allow slayer deeds to used on spellbooks like it was planed.

I really don't want to see this - spell books already have durability, what need would you have for slayer deeds? You'd make the current functionality obsolete in my eyes, because you are making the same books we have now.

could give scribe other cool upgrades for spellbooks

to help poor meta mages

Are meta mages currently suffering? If they are, weak Focus since it's a mostly useless relic to do something useful. I'd love to see magic spell books, why can't a mage have a vanq spell book, or a vanq slayer spell book? But honestly I don't think Meta Mages are suffering too much personally.

Chediak

Adept
It's a sad state of affairs if that's true... I am just thinking of going down the road of meta mage. Is it not worth it? If not, shouldn't that be fixed?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I only play a meta mage - and without my relics fully leveled, I seem to be able to rank pretty high on champs... I also don't believe you can only look at meta mage at champs and say it's not very good, champs are not the only activity.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
The thing is - why should a meta mage be the best at all activities? If they are great at Champs, but not as great at dungeon bosses, I'm ok with that? It means you'll see variety when you are out in the field. I don't have any issues with solo damage, do fairly well in RDA's, and invasions honestly with the daemon tank doing damage, and your meta damage, you can generally pour through mobs if you grab the right spell books.. i still fail to see where the complaint is, because they aren't the best at everything?

Shorted

Apprentice
Meta Mages suck? Great I am halfway through the 100 monsters needed lol.
The only thing I dislike about this server is how tamer friendly it is. Or I guess I just wished I liked playing a tamer.

girana

Grandmaster
Meta Mages suck? Great I am halfway through the 100 monsters needed lol.
The only thing I dislike about this server is how tamer friendly it is. Or I guess I just wished I liked playing a tamer.

zerker/rogue is king here

The thing is - why should a meta mage be the best at all activities? If they are great at Champs, but not as great at dungeon bosses, I'm ok with that? It means you'll see variety when you are out in the field. I don't have any issues with solo damage, do fairly well in RDA's, and invasions honestly with the daemon tank doing damage, and your meta damage, you can generally pour through mobs if you grab the right spell books.. i still fail to see where the complaint is, because they aren't the best at everything?

its not about be great everywhere meta mage isnt great at all.

is ok vs mobs that got slayers (ok is ok thats still far away from good)

and its super horrible vs non slayer.

Rubeido

Apprentice
slayer books dont make any sence tbh. A slayer sword is pretty common sence. but a slayer book? i dont plan on ever buying or using a slayer book at all. a non blessed spell book that has durability and wears out, and it costs more than 100 gp. not worth it. Not when i could just be a provoker or a tamer and take down the toughest of the tough, without having slayer anything. Slayer books are not a good idea, The only way that i see for slayer books to be relevent, is to make it something you can craft at will like any normal book/scroll, and not a chance. Or just make them blessed with no durability rating, just like a normal spell book, but make it so you have to actually put the spells inside the book in order to cast from that book.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
You seem to be lacking a sense of economy, blessed books with no durability? No one would ever buy more than 1 of each...

Slayer books are more than worth it, even on a 25k slayer book, with 1250 charges, you can farm that back in 20 minutes, you can make 100's of thousands off one book... And you do it at near twice the speed meaning you can get in and out of spots quicker, better chance of avoiding pk's.. to each their own though.

Btw you don't have to fill the slayer book with scrolls, just hold the empty book in your hands, with a full blessed book in your pack for it to activate.

Rubeido

Apprentice
You seem to be lacking a sense of economy, blessed books with no durability? No one would ever buy more than 1 of each...

Slayer books are more than worth it, even on a 25k slayer book, with 1250 charges, you can farm that back in 20 minutes, you can make 100's of thousands off one book... And you do it at near twice the speed meaning you can get in and out of spots quicker, better chance of avoiding pk's.. to each their own though.

Btw you don't have to fill the slayer book with scrolls, just hold the empty book in your hands, with a full blessed book in your pack for it to activate.
Instead of buyingb one I'll buy zero because its a waste. People are already conplaining no one is buying them. People like me is why. If u want people to buy as is, they need to be at a cost appropriat to a disposable item. At 5k topst