Returning! & Question

Hey y’all!

Long time no see! Decided it’s time for me to make a bit of a comeback after 1-2 years away. Excited to get playing again and shake off the rust. Unfortunately lost nearly all of my stuff with my house falling — but such is life. Anyone know of an open small house location or something? :)

Second, I tried logging in this morning and for some strange reason on all of my accounts after logging in I’d be able to only take about 5 steps before freezing. Not due to backpack weight or because of lag — my character would just freeze movement while the world around me would continue on. Left clicking also fails to allow me to identify anything. Has there been some client update or something else of that sort that could be causing this?

Appreciate any insight!

Thanks and see y’all out there!

Emma Tudor — back in business

DrSaso

Master
Welcome back!

Don't know of any plots but can run about with a placement tool...supposedly plenty of space for small plots (i had no luck though haha)

Next, that's an interesting problem. A little more info could be of use. Did you install using the uof launcher? Which client are you using(razor/uosteam/sallos)? From your description is sounds something like your client is receiving data... but not able to send to the server (item requests/movement updates). Can you -ping ingame and get results? Tried running launcher/client/uo as admin and/or compatility mode? Do you have any funky firewall/antivirus installed on your pc?

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this :D

DrSaso

Master
Also join the uof discoord and possibly ask on there.... might get a fast response from someone more knowledgeable ;)

Tried with both Razor and Steam — I don’t think it’s that though. I’ve never uninstalled so same profiles and set-ups since the last time i played. also, able to recall around so my inputs are deff being sent to server.

Hmmm

DrSaso

Master
Hmmmm indeed! I'd just suggest making a backup of configs/macros and doing s re install of uo via the uof launcher... or try installing to a new directory to test.

DrSaso

Master
Woop woop. Yeah there hsve been a few patches and was e even a patching bug in uof. Glad ya all sorted now though! :D