Rescue/revive Request

Ondine

Neophyte
I got pk'd at Despise entrance, my ghost is blocking my dead body so they couldn't take my stuff. I was there hoping to catch up on inscription. bleh.

Hephastus

Journeyman
You probably got looted dry by now. Players just double click your corpse by hitting ctl + shift or all names. In both cases, blocking your corpse with your ghost won't help.

Ondine

Neophyte
You probably got looted dry by now. Players just double click your corpse by hitting ctl + shift or all names. In both cases, blocking your corpse with your ghost won't help.
ok. thanks for your reply, I will know better next time and pick a better place than the well trafficed Despise. Have you any suggestions where I can train inscribe, which dungeon? I understand that inscribing in a dungeons gives you better training results.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
ok. thanks for your reply, I will know better next time and pick a better place than the well trafficed Despise. Have you any suggestions where I can train inscribe, which dungeon? I understand that inscribing in a dungeons gives you better training results.
Brit sewers. Stay on/near the steps so you're 1-2 tiles from safety. See a red, just run out.

Be wary of thieves and griefers though, they love that place.

There's many other secluded areas in dungeons you can try, just gotta look around. I like the sewers for the safety factor, and being in town, but I never fully afk in there.

Ondine

Neophyte
Thanks for the suggestion for Brit Sewers, but I was reading around and it sounds like it's too risky there as well, especially for someone with my inexperience. I might just do it the long road way and inscript at the mage shop and remove the aggravation factor of one step forward and two steps back.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Well if you don't want to go the dungeon route, go to the brit crafting area west of the northern mage shop. You use 30(?)% less resources when crafting in that area :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Ondine

Neophyte
Well if you don't want to go the dungeon route, go to the brit crafting area west of the northern mage shop. You use 30(?)% less resources when crafting in that area :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
aHA! Thanks for that, I had forgotten - so much to keep track of here - which is great. Not a good day for me, I logged onto my crafter to settle down from my pk loss to just pick and chop, chop and pick, but some little twerp showed candy to my Dolly Llama packer and Dolly followed him, to her final demise. Then he comes to the crafting area to gloat. lol. Can people steal or kill me in crafting area? I'm getting pretty paranoid and won't even speak to people out in the hunting field, or let anyone near me if I can help it. Kind of is opposite of that community feeling the admin seems to want to foster.

You can be stolen from in the crafting area. As far as killing though, it is a guard area. Just keep a close eye out for suspicious activity and you should be able to avoid it just fine. And safe dungeon spots, i have a few id be willing to share if you wanna meet in game. Rather low traffic spots in my experience.

Ondine

Neophyte
You can be stolen from in the crafting area. As far as killing though, it is a guard area. Just keep a close eye out for suspicious activity and you should be able to avoid it just fine. And safe dungeon spots, i have a few id be willing to share if you wanna meet in game. Rather low traffic spots in my experience.
Thanks, Balen but I'm going to craft in town for a while. Maybe I'll get a hold of you in the future for those spots.

Ondine

Neophyte
I hope to use this thread for some other questions.

1. On my skill pop up, at the bottom right there is a button: Show Real. One total is higher than the max 700 and one is much lower. One of those buttons shows green when clicked. What do those numbrs mean?

2. Is there any NPC or any way to unlock Paragon Chests besides begging others to do it, if you are not a lockpicker or thief? I would have thought that Magic Unlock should work, but it doesn't, at least at my magery level which is around 60 or so. I've come across some lockpicks too, but I suppose if you don't have a healthy lockpick skill those are pretty useless.

3. As I understand it, we are allowed 3 accounts, each of which can have 3 characters. I have only one account right now with 3 chars, (a warrior, mage and gatherer) - if I add another account can those characters use my future house for storage too? I know each account can have a house but I can barely afford one right now so am wondering if I can do that till finances inprove.

4. Did I make a mistake by assigning my gatherer with all the trade skills, plus magery? Lets see - blacksmith, mining, lumber, carpentry, tinker, tailor, magery and I forget the other one. The reason I did this is because at higher levels, to make some items you need a mix of different trades. For example a Whatchamacalit will require so many dodads for materials and a magery skill of 80, along with a smith skill of 75. Thhis makes me weak so as not be able to fight anything (don't think) but I got my main for that.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I hope to use this thread for some other questions.

1. On my skill pop up, at the bottom right there is a button: Show Real. One total is higher than the max 700 and one is much lower. One of those buttons shows green when clicked. What do those numbrs mean?

2. Is there any NPC or any way to unlock Paragon Chests besides begging others to do it, if you are not a lockpicker or thief? I would have thought that Magic Unlock should work, but it doesn't, at least at my magery level which is around 60 or so. I've come across some lockpicks too, but I suppose if you don't have a healthy lockpick skill those are pretty useless.

3. As I understand it, we are allowed 3 accounts, each of which can have 3 characters. I have only one account right now with 3 chars, (a warrior, mage and gatherer) - if I add another account can those characters use my future house for storage too? I know each account can have a house but I can barely afford one right now so am wondering if I can do that till finances inprove.

4. Did I make a mistake by assigning my gatherer with all the trade skills, plus magery? Lets see - blacksmith, mining, lumber, carpentry, tinker, tailor, magery and I forget the other one. The reason I did this is because at higher levels, to make some items you need a mix of different trades. For example a Whatchamacalit will require so many dodads for materials and a magery skill of 80, along with a smith skill of 75. Thhis makes me weak so as not be able to fight anything (don't think) but I got my main for that.

1. The "show real" number is what you are after. Str/dex/int will give you a modifier for many skills so they will look higher than actual.

2. Nope, gotta use a lockpickers for paragon chests. There are some trustworthy ones out there just look through the forums.

3. You can co-own your other accounts to your house. They will be able to access chests and release/lockdown items, as well as ban/friend etc. Also I believe you are allowed 4 chars x 3 accounts = 12 total. You can buy additional slots up to 7 per account for 1 mil each.

4. I think you're fine on the skills, others might have additional input.

Ondine

Neophyte
One more question plse. It's about the state of repair of your armor and weapons. I look on status when I'm trading equipment, for armor anyway, don't think there is a stat for weapons. So I check the armor rating, remove my old shield and replace with a new one I hope has a better rating as there is no way to tell otherwise, that I know of.

It gets confusing when I am looking at player vendors' armors. All those beautiful things I have no idea how worn mine really is compared and no way to know if whatever piece I am looking to buy is any better than the one I have. Is there a guide to this sort of identification somewhere here? I couldn't find any reference to armor ratings.

Ondine

Neophyte
Can someone help me decipher the hierarchy of strengths of weapons and armour? Or link me to somewhere that does that? How can I know if Weapon XXXX at a player vendor will be an improvement on the one I have equiped before buying it?