remove traps without lockicking

zekameka

Apprentice
How it is? I cant use remove trap if i have less than 50 lockpicking? Or if i get 50 lockpicking, then GM remove trap and then ditch lockpicking, will it work this way?

Volco

Master
To answer your quest, I have no idea. Instead of remove trap, you could always stand a few tiles away from the chest, and cast telekinesis.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
To use 'Remove Traps'

You need 50 Lockpicking AND Detect Hidden; you can't even begin to train Remove Traps without both of those skills.

However, you can (if you choose) to drop one or both skills after training Remove Traps to the desired level.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
That would be what anyone would suspect; that is how stealth works (can't drop Hide below 80 even after GM'ing. Though... I never personally tested it).

You could test it by first dropping Detect Hidden since it's so easy to GM anyways. If it works without one it'll likely work without both. But I have no idea why one would GM Remove Trap without also having GM Lockpicking. #SweetLoots

In the mean time, you'll likely GM Lockpicking first and you'll pick chests that you can't then untrap. Carry around 10+ scrolls of 'Remove Trap' and you'll get your gold.

Telekinesis is usually the go to, but Remove Trap scrolls are cheaper, you'll never fail them with 0 magery (might not matter for you, but my delver has 0 magery), and uses less mana. And it doesn't cause a massive explosion, so evil players will be less likely to hear it. :p