Remove the no pet skillloss from factions

Kookie

Master
@Malkraven
How about the fact getting taming 50-120 it itself a greater cost to pay than anything else. Purchasing those PS scrolls, purchasing those metas + stone + relics. 50+ mil spent surely isn't enough by your standard. Lets tamers pay another 50-100k per death for scrolls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
@Malkraven
How about the fact getting taming 50-120 it itself a greater cost to pay than anything else. Purchasing those scrolls, purchasing those metas + stone + relics. 50+ mil spent surely isn't enough by your standard. Lets tamers pay another 50-100k per death for scrolls.

again has nothing to do with factions or pet skill loss its just another bo fucking tamer tear fest if blue tamers have to pay the 100k per death for skill scrolls why should a guy who " agrees to pvp" be any diffrent?

the blue tamer also paid 50mil ( probably closer to 25) for his pet/relics/ss (and if u paid for SS from 50 thats your own fault for being a lazy dumbass 80 tame can be done in a few days.....)

1m for egg
3m for stone
10m QS
10m for the other relics
5-6m on SS? (depending on how lazy you are)

is 30m no where near 50m

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
again has nothing to do with factions or pet skill loss its just another bo fucking tamer tear fest if blue tamers have to pay the 100k per death for skill scrolls why should a guy who " agrees to pvp" be any diffrent?

the blue tamer also paid 50mil ( probably closer to 30) for his pet/relics

Because the guy who agrees to PVP gets some special perk so that more people are involved in PVP... why is this hard to understand? Want to avoid pet skill loss on death? Join factions...

Let's not pretend that joining factions is an easy life for a tamer... theres pros and cons.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Because the guy who agrees to PVP gets some special perk so that more people are involved in PVP... why is this hard to understand? Want to avoid pet skill loss on death? Join factions...

Let's not pretend that joining factions is an easy life for a tamer... theres pros and cons.

ofc its easier the only reason 90% of these tamers are in factions is for no statloss and 25% xp bonus none of them pvp. whats the downside? and the people who you really defending (ghost) should be man enuff to face the consequences of death and buy the SS

you die a few times and loose? nothing......

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
ofc its easier the only reason 90% of these tamers are in factions is for no statloss and 25% xp bonus none of them pvp. whats the downside?

you die a few times and loose? nothing......

You cannot ever recall when flagged by a PK who is also in factions(which is most). You are at risk when you do RDAs from blue factioners raiding your RDA. Faction tamers are also an integral part of sigil defense.

Why are you so against having more people in factions?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
You cannot ever recall when flagged by a PK who is also in factions(which is most). You are at risk when you do RDAs from blue factioners raiding your RDA. Faction tamers are also an integral part of sigil defense.

they bring nothin to the table? why are you so pro for non pvpers to be in factions 90% of these guys wont defend sigils for 2 reasons
1. they dont give a fuck about factions and .
2. no one does sigil defences anyway...

the only reason you even care is cos of ghost and co cryin about there mares getting skill loss ( which should be a part of any pvp system you get the benifit of pets now face the music when it dies) Or you want more non pvpers to gank w/o having to use reds....

Adramelech

Master

I think that to root of is is that a good number of people are very pro-griefing, and a few of them are already in this thread. Pet skill loss and pet trapping is a favorite griefer go-to.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Like I said -- there are pros and cons to being a PVM char in factions...

pros:

-no pet statloss
-sigil bonuses which are designed for tamers

cons:

-pets move slow as fuck
-can be tracked and killed anywhere you go by both red and blue factioners
-faction stat loss upon death

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I think that to root of is is that a good number of people are very pro-griefing, and a few of them are already in this thread. Pet skill loss and pet trapping is a favorite griefer go-to.

this is correct on any server if you use a pet in pvp you face the consequences ask Gluttony what happens if you pvp on uoforever with a pet?. you think people give them back? fuck no man there is a pet trap every 4 screens.

Do i abuse blues pets after i pk them? No not unless its $. i will just invis and leave. do i want to abuse a pvpers pets after they have a massive bonus to pvp? yes i do lol i will trap it / kill it and do my best to make sure that pet aint back on my screen 2 min later.... and if it is with UOF cheap petball system then i will kill it again untill it has 20 in each skill if given the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Like I said -- there are pros and cons to being a PVM char in factions...

pros:

-no pet statloss
-sigil bonuses which are designed for tamers

cons:

-pets move slow as fuck
-can be tracked and killed anywhere you go by both red and blue factioners
-faction stat loss upon death

Faction stat is a joke we both no this just use the item provided ( 1 per group) and no statloss.....

saving 100s of 1000s in gold doesnt seem to be a fair trade off for a pet moving a tiny bit slower esp when you just climb back on it and move at running speed with a insta dismount/remount... so basicly its the tracking thing which is the same for any factioner and works both way the tamer can also track any one approaching so i would see it as a benifit tbh

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Your gripe seems to be with the 2 stun tamers in factions, aga and aem... not with the dozens of PVMers who have joined factions.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Your gripe seems to be with the 2 stun tamers in factions, aga and aem... not with the dozens of PVMers who have joined factions.

To a certain degree i would agree yes its the so called "elite" pvp tamers this is direceted at. i would give all tamers the same option if they are in factions or not either

A. no skill loss across the board
B. an option to res at gold cost across the board
C everyone gets skill loss

i dont see why the "Elite" pvpers should get this benift on one of the most over powered templates when it comes down to one fact they cried to staff about stat loss and cant be bothered to retrain there pets over and over they just want to log on and pvp risk free and log out avoiding the costs that every other player has.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I think the larger issue at hand is the use of stun tamers in PVP, not encouraging/discouraging people from joining factions.

well i have diff gripes about encouraging non pvpers to join a pvp system by giving out tram items/benifts i dont see this is encouraging people for the right reasons and the whole system ends up clogged with pvmers using trammy benifits/items to farm gold/relics with very little good for the actual pvp except mayb be free kills...

Strigo

Expert
agree with OP. tamers already get special treatment for being in faction with potential faster pet gains. why do they need additional benefit compared to dexxers/mages?

God.RG

Grandmaster
@Malkraven
How about the fact getting taming 50-120 it itself a greater cost to pay than anything else. Purchasing those PS scrolls, purchasing those metas + stone + relics. 50+ mil spent surely isn't enough by your standard. Lets tamers pay another 50-100k per death for scrolls.
yep.
that's exactly it, everyone should have to pay when they die.

100k?
1 resist, magery and POSSIBLY poisoning = 50-60k max. cry about it.

God.RG

Grandmaster
why someone would use a poisoning scroll on a pet ?
Don't metas have poisoning? Idk, I don't have one and never will.

Even then, one Magery and one resist = 20k. Tamers should have to pay MORE than that when their pets die.

lollo

Grandmaster
Pets lose more than 1 point when they Are maxed so it's like 1.5 magery and resist.
And those ss (especially magery) sell For more than 10k ea.
I sell at 14k super easily.

Metas do have poisoning (lvl 7 has 140) but it's pretty much useless since they don't poison on hit