Remove stat loss from reds. No really

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
And if you were an actual dread lord back then my buddy will remember you, mark my words. If he doesn't then you're full of shiiiit lol. trust me.

If it will lend some street cred I'm on this list. http://www.game-master.net/000326.html and this list http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/battlefield/Battlefield/3041/new.html which I'm amazed is still up! It's from 98 and I wasn't a Dread yet, I was a thief archer in 98. Had built up a reputation enough where someone put me on that list hehe

I'm not a buthurt blue. I just want being Red to have the meaning it used to have. It's quite diluted here in the name of peeveepee. People are putting quantity over quality here. Gogogo pvp nonstop go go go. You've got 6 people fighting over loot from some low rent bard. It's absurd, weak, and embarrassing. You'd think some pride would kick in on these cats.. NOPE! Gate to next dungeon preeez!

There were a lot of players on GL we didn't know everyone. Calm Down Bro. I hung out with Stryker, Acid, Brodie, Magnus, The Big Ragu, Haze, etc. We were known as Minoc Trash :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
The problem with creative solutions to ingrown problems with mechanics is that certain groups have found ways to profit from the imbalance, and so suggesting change, no matter how well thought out or brilliant, will always fall on a good many deaf ears.. i cant speak to the factions aspect but in general, reds rolling 3-6 deep does seem rather pathetic even though the reasons are sound as you've described... but I too miss those olden times where when you ran into a red, you were likely facing 1) a dedicated roleplayer, 2) uber legit PvPer, 3) a person who has everything to lose and hence is going at you full force, and 4) probly someone who is a bit of a legend, since being that kinda non zergy red was not only extremely difficult but a massive testament to that players skill level.
Ahhh the old days!

Fattson

Grandmaster
Nothing is sadder than a group of reds running e-bolt turrets on afk macroers. When it first started becoming a thing, I said "Awww, isn't that cute, bless their little hearts."

But it went from being a fad to being a trend and now it has become a staple on uof. A pathetic as fuck staple.

What's interesting is that this list doesn't say you're a Murderer, as it does for many of the other names..

Right now I'd say the evidence is against you. Your own evidence, mind you.
I played GL for 7 years dawg. I was red, I was blue, I was red, I was blue, just like a ton of cats. Like I said it doesn't matter to anyone. As long as I know a little about what I'm talking about.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Why cant money make a suggestion about gameplay without having had 24 yrs as GM and 5 yrs running his own server? Who says you have to have x amount of cred before a suggestion or opinion is worth anything? How about we discuss the concept as raised and not compare dick sizes?

Wow

For a little perspective I'm sitting here trying to remember reds from GL. I can think of Ho Chi Minh and Bone Dancer... That's about it. It was a long time ago, and we're acting like those dudes that played high school football a long as time ago, and nobody cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
You played OSI after trammel came out?? Are you sure you're not just one of those cats that got the Dread Lord title from stealing books from the bookshelves??

Why not get off his back mate ha. He made a suggestion, agree or disagree there is no need to dismiss it because he hasn't played UO every day since launch.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Alas, a true Dread Lord. Welcome Sir Sacksquatch, please do not try and educate other .. cardboard dread lords here, you will only be discredited and ridiculed but thank you all the same for a great and informative post which I believe should wholeheartedly be implemented and not because its an attack on reds, but because it would really allow the very few reds on here to shine more brightly, create a bigger legacy than they could ever imagine.

poop.dick

Neophyte
I think if you wanna make being red unique, risky and rare...perma statloss\8hrs MC decay time is the answer...also unfortunately UO will never feel and be the way it used to be..because we are all long time UO players nothing is new, earning is easy, losing items isn't a problem... etc

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Why not get off his back mate ha. He made a suggestion, agree or disagree there is no need to dismiss it because he hasn't played UO every day since launch.

maybe you should try and get off my back, since that seems to be where you hang out most often these days? Just a suggestion.

In this case he has dubbed himself the authority on what being a killer is all about, now I'm simply trying to verify that. Nothing more. Not sure why you or others cant see that but it's probably because of some bias against me on a personal level.

What you're failing to see here is that several players like this person probably only miss the good old days of fastwalking and cable over 28.8 so my guess is that sacksquatch thinks being red should have stiffer penalties because he's used to playing easy mode. nothing new here.

He still has yet to consider the points I first made on page one as have you all so lets get back to debating the facts if we can.

Snickle

Grandmaster
maybe you should try and get off my back, since that seems to be where you hang out most often these days? Just a suggestion.

In this case he has dubbed himself the authority on what being a killer is all about, now I'm simply trying to verify that. Nothing more. Not sure why you or others cant see that but it's probably because of some bias against me on a personal level.

What you're failing to see here is that several players like this person probably only miss the good old days of fastwalking and cable over 28.8 so my guess is that sacksquatch thinks being red should have stiffer penalties because he's used to playing easy mode. nothing new here.

He still has yet to consider the points I first made on page one as have you all so lets get back to debating the facts if we can.
Good example of over obsession with your own huge ego. You have to have the last word. Go ahead. Get it lol.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster

Sorry if it seems im on your back i would of said it to anyone. It seems like a lot of threads end up dying because of bickering when the person is only trying to get some feedback. Apologies anyway

Weland

Grandmaster
Stop, breathe, read before you hit reply :) This is just my opinion, and not a personal attack on anyone. Treat it as such.

Is his very first sentence. He never implied he was an authority figure on what being red is he simply stated what it means to him and what he thinks it should be. Who the hell are you anyways that anyone has prove their worth to you before they can make a suggestion to help improve UOF. Smokey you don't owe him anything.

Also the only person that seems to imply they are an authority figure in this forum is you wreckognize, by implying some one has to pass your approval for their post to be valid.

Get over yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I like the idea but I think it would have to be implemented in phases because it would be to drastic a change. I also don't have an issue with the way things are now. I don't think this will fix ganking though in the long run.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
What is the "player solution" to ganking? More ganking? What will that solve?

The player solution to ganking is forming up a group of your own and fighting them...this results in massive and epic battles. Sadly no one can organize like EQMS does so you guys get shit on, your pathetic attemps are crushed, and you come to the forums to cry about ganks instead.

In UO there is a player driven solution to everything.

tl,dr: Getting shit stomped by 5 reds? Get 10 of your buddies and go kill them.

Weland

Grandmaster
The player solution to ganking is forming up a group of your own and fighting them...this results in massive and epic battles. Sadly no one can organize like EQMS does so you guys get shit on, your pathetic attemps are crushed, and you come to the forums to cry about ganks instead.

In UO there is a player driven solution to everything.

tl,dr: Getting shit stomped by 5 reds? Get 10 of your buddies and go kill them.

Yes but I believe his intent is to move those large scale battles to Factions, and have pks be small bands of two people out hunting. Kinda create a divide. Factions = Large Scale and PK = Small scale 1v1 2v1 2v2 kinda stuff.

Don't think it will stop the "ganks", but I get what he is trying to accomplish.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If you dont allow reds in factions, enemies will join your faction to fuck up your base guards etc...

EQMS plays faction PKs because we want to be able to fight and kill everyone we see.... we want as much PVP as possible.

All we know is war.

Status
Not open for further replies.