remove reg cost in duel pits

thestand

Grandmaster
i think the reg cost in the duel pits should be removed so that way people cant blame their loss on the fact that they ran out, or so it doesnt end a close fight because someone ran out of garlic.

granted, skill gain should be disabled in the pits, if they arent already.

i also havnt been in the pits in a minute, so if its already like that, feel free to troll.
Whats that smell like?

Metalhead-

Master
Whats that smell like?

kurt-cobain.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thechemicals

Apprentice
I understand that the general view of you pvp players is that mage versus mage= true skill. With that said, i also see how you might feel you have an empty victory when an opponent says he ran out of regs.

I believe the future of UOforever starts with offering option trays for "customization". Most of us dont want the game changed from its nostalgic period, but you can definately upgrade "options and customization" for things like duels and guild wars and etc.

When a duel between 2 players is created, an option tray should turn up, similar to the tray where you negotiate for a reds head. This tray gives the option for a reagant-use fight or non-reagant-use fight. You can also have other options like the ability to use summons or not, wall spells or not, and weapons or not. Hell even a timer. However, skill gains in the duel area has to be locked if its not already implemented, otherwise youll have regless mages training skill. I dont duel so i am not sure if this is already a rule. Anyway, hope the idea helps.

Finch

Apprentice
I understand that the general view of you pvp players is that mage versus mage= true skill. With that said, i also see how you might feel you have an empty victory when an opponent says he ran out of regs.

I believe the future of UOforever starts with offering option trays for "customization". Most of us dont want the game changed from its nostalgic period, but you can definately upgrade "options and customization" for things like duels and guild wars and etc.

When a duel between 2 players is created, an option tray should turn up, similar to the tray where you negotiate for a reds head. This tray gives the option for a reagant-use fight or non-reagant-use fight. You can also have other options like the ability to use summons or not, wall spells or not, and weapons or not. Hell even a timer. However, skill gains in the duel area has to be locked if its not already implemented, otherwise youll have regless mages training skill. I dont duel so i am not sure if this is already a rule. Anyway, hope the idea helps.

yes, give people the option to duel for free or not duel for free... because I'm sure there will be a whole lot of people not dueling for free...

i actually like that idea.

lol, gee, really?

thechemicals

Apprentice
You could also pay a flat fee for non-reg duels in order to keep the spirit of normal duels active. Its easy to point out the flaws in an idea, lets look for ways to solve them instead.

just as a headsup franch, leaving something the way it is, is not solving anything. especially considering that it is not a problem needing solving in the first place. it is a suggestion.

i know it may be hard to wrap your noodle around that.

im done entertaining you. you didnt even know how candles were used in pvp... go learn some uo bro.

Finch

Apprentice
just as a headsup franch, leaving something the way it is, is not solving anything. especially considering that it is not a problem needing solving in the first place. it is a suggestion.

Unless of course the thing you're suggesting is intended to be a fix for something, in which the "fix" is more damaging to the world than the problem, in which case one solution to the problem you're creating with your suggestion would be to leave it alone, because it is, in fact, not really a problem....

i know it may be hard to wrap your noodle around that.

You seem to be the only person here having a hard time wrapping your "noodle" around stuff :p

juim done entertaining you. you didnt even know how candles were used in pvp... go learn some uo bro.

This is a textbook ad hominem.