remove reg cost in duel pits

i think the reg cost in the duel pits should be removed so that way people cant blame their loss on the fact that they ran out, or so it doesnt end a close fight because someone ran out of garlic.

granted, skill gain should be disabled in the pits, if they arent already.

i also havnt been in the pits in a minute, so if its already like that, feel free to troll.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
People complain about running out of regs when you can access your bank from the duel pits?

If keeping yourself stocked with regs is an issue on this server, you need to re-evaluate the time you spend on dueling and perhaps spend more time on farming for gold to buy regs with...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
People complain about running out of regs when you can access your bank from the duel pits?

If keeping yourself stocked with regs is an issue on this server, you need to re-evaluate the time you spend on dueling and perhaps spend more time on farming for gold to buy regs with...

MM HMM, MM HMM, YEP, YOU TELL HIM MMMMMMHMM
monique-fat-chance-335a072707.jpg

Finch

Apprentice
summary of the logic behind this suggestion:

personal merit/accountability for a duel > economics.

Metalhead-

Master
The point is. Regs are very easy to come by. With inflation effecting everything else but regs; there's no reason that everyone shouldn't have regs available for fighting.

i have plenty of regs, i just think it would be convenient to remove reg cost in the pits. i dont see why this would cause a problem.

Umabel

Novice
It's a problem if the "idea" is for you to buy your regs, granted it is not even that hard.

It's a problem if the "idea" is for you to buy your regs, granted it is not even that hard.

your reply has no context to what im saying, and doesnt much make sense.

to clarify, i have shittons of regs. i do not sell regs, nor do i plan on deviating from the aforementioned.

if skillgain is disabled in the pits, there should be no reason that we couldnt remove reg cost in it. if your argument is that people having to buy regs to duel in the pits is your idea of a gold sink, that is laughable. roughly %5 of all server pvp is in the pits and it would be convenient to remove the cost there.

it wouldnt really affect anything other than the fact that you dont need to start your stock agent, or click and drag regs from into your bank to your pack.

the only thing i could think is to disable the use of tools like scribes pen to prevent people from making scrolls while technically in a "duel" without reg cost. other than that, there would be nothing detrimentally bad to the server, and would make the pits more convenient for people who frequent them.

Umabel

Novice
Perhaps we're not on the same page...let me try to reword what I am saying:

You are supposed to buy your regs which is consumed upon use. That's right, welcome to UO.

And now you want 5% of the all the regs used in PvP to be free, for the sake of convenience.

Oh and make sure to disable mortars too while dueling.

did you create a forum account just to reply to this thread? how long have you been playing here?

we are not on the same page. so far your only argument against this is "this is uo. hallo thurr. buy regs"

hrmmm.... safe trading in duel pits didnt feel very uo to me at first. no one minds that, and if it were to be taken away many people would be upset.

there is nothing bad to come out of it, and at the least it would create free pvp which would cause more players to frequent the pits and duel 1v1, 2v2, etc. you are completely entitled to your opinion, but dont tell me that my idea is shit, when your reasoning against mine is even shittier.

Finch

Apprentice
The whole point of having regs, is to have regs. it makes no sense to not have regs in certain areas of the game, in terms of both lore, and gameplay. as well as economics.

In other words, this suggestion is about as bad as a suggestion could possibly be.

Instead of suggesting the game be redesigned for the mere purpose of suiting one nitch playstyle, why don't you simply stop dueling people who make excuses when they lose?

so we have tamers asking for extra stable slots and more follower slots, we have thieves asking to be able to open containers in corpses without dying, and we have people suggesting items be removed from the donation vendor because they dont want them there. all of those including more, and you say this is as bad as a suggestion can be...

this thread became filled with several idiots.

Umabel

Novice
I know there are many idiots out there (don't worry yours is not that selfish) but you don't have to be at their level.

I've apparently played less than you (an honor I'm sure) and you want 5% of PvP to be free based on some newb complaint. At least you are saying now that there should be more people dueling, so that's a start for something intelligent.

UO players are not going to waste their time dueling even if they were given gold, promise...

They did come for the tournament to watch the best (and fight the best if they had the balls). All I see there now are reds doing who-knows-what.

Finch

Apprentice
so we have tamers asking for extra stable slots and more follower slots, we have thieves asking to be able to open containers in corpses without dying, and we have people suggesting items be removed from the donation vendor because they dont want them there. all of those including more, and you say this is as bad as a suggestion can be...

this thread became filled with several idiots.

Yes, those suggestions are terrible too. The basis of those suggestions are almost never centered around things like logic, or balance, gameplay, economics, data. They're really just arbitrary opinions. Just because they are as bad as a suggestion can be, doesn't mean this one isn't also as bad as a suggestion can be.

The best suggestion I could think of would be to start locking these horrible suggestions. There has to be a designer or someone trained in logic willing to moderate this forum (as well as general discussion), who would be willing to write up some kind of guideline for what qualifies as a quality suggestion/discussion rather than these ridiculous "lets add more rares! (no shit)" "Lets remove regs! (why? that goes against key principles of the UO world) "I personally want x item to be available outside of the donation vendor! (no shit? you want something desirable for free?)

i read halfway through your post finch before i realized that you still had nothing new to add. reiterate exactly what you said 4 more times in different wording if it pleases you; it will not change a thing. go post on another suggestion to fuel your delusion of coherence in your posts.

Finch

Apprentice
I'm not really sure what you're talking about. You, for some reason, brought other suggestions into this argument,I responded to that, and continued to make a separate suggestion of my own.