Releasing Hostile Pets In Town......

Wizx13

Grandmaster
It should turn the owner grey so we can kill the idiot :) WWWWWWWW has been releasing scorps all morning (Ive killed prolly 30 sayin guards)

Some people die just from the poison while he/she runs around with no consequence :)

AlyM

Grandmaster
If it happens in line of sight of a NPC, the NPC will call guards.
However, some people know where the NPCs can't see.... Hence, you call guards.

tader

Expert
Has nothing to do with trammy lol. Guy is exploiting the los of npcs to kill people at the bank and not go grey...
Meh. Here's the deal. If you log into uo you should expect to die. You should expect to be robbed. It might not happen but it could. Anywhere any time. Hell I made the mistake of losing on my crafter in scara Brea during the event the other day. Lost a shit load of ingots. I know that is different but still if a scorpion is killing you while your afk at the bank then who cares. If you had something of value it was already stolen. If you didn't it is 30 seconds to get rezed.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
So its ok to exploit and grief people? In town guards? Hell back in the day I was almost perma banned for doing this same thing. Useing LOS to kill weavers for black sandles lol.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
So its ok to exploit and grief people? In town guards? Hell back in the day I was almost perma banned for doing this same thing. Useing LOS to kill weavers for black sandles lol.

First of all, Welcome to Ultima Online.

Second of all this is a sandbox, people being able to do things like this is what makes this era of the game great.
Im sure if your to scared of grey scorpions in town there is somewhere you can go that this wont happen.

I hear hearthstone is a good game.

However thank you for your post, your salty tears have motivated me to town kill afks.

tader

Expert
Well hearth stone is a decent game but it's a card game but you still get attacked and killed. Hello kitty online might be more appropriate.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Wow everyone is missing the point....
Ive played UO since 98
I came here because I wanted to be back in a pre trammy era :)
Ive been here a good while know and I love this server. What I dont like is people that abuse the game or exploit to do things not intended by @Shane or @Adam . I have a thick skin as far as how rough this server is but someone newer might be deterred from this server because of exploits like this one. What this guy was doing this morning is clearly a exploit and shouldn't be allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puuraidur

Novice
This isnt an exploit, if you kill someone IRL without anyone seeing you theres no one to call the police either.

This has always been in UO.

Back to trammel boi.

halygon

Grandmaster
This really isn't an expoit - annoying sometimes, but not an exploit. It is an intended function of the Ultima Online guards system. They could have programmed it so that any criminal acts end in an instant guard whack, but by giving people the option to do something, it enables so much more. It goes on to mobs in towns. They fall under the same ruleset as other mobiles (such as players). If they commit a criminal act (which they are programmed to do), then the guards *can* be called on them -- not a player that *was* associated with them. If the guards are not called, then the criminal act can continue. NPCs are in place to do *some* guard calling for you, but it really is a command for players.

Last edited by a moderator: